GT300W FIRST TEST

I got the GT300W as my DOD LS300W was getting slightly out of focus. Before I returned it i wanted to install another DVR and hence got the cheaper GT300W from fox offer. Now I can return the DOD LS300W and get a new unit shipped.

What a DVR GT300W is ! The video quality is amazing and beats everything else I have tried including Kiwav mirror dvr, blackvue DR500-GW HD and GS8000.

No heat issues, there is a little bit of overlap between subsequent videos however I think the LS300W has slightly longer overlap between videos. Not that it is needed. Even a small 1-2 second overlap is better than no overlap.

Overall sounds and feels like the LS300W. When I get my LS300W replaced I am going to set both up side by side. I will set one to 720p and the other to 1080p. If one stops working I will always have a backup.

Gurkha9 said:
aek88 said:
It hasn't even shipped yet. I placed the order on June 13. Rechecked my order status and it still says Processing on their website. I'm guessing the inventory status listed at the time of placing the order was inaccurate. Either way, it's taking a lot longer to ship then I anticipated.

That may not be a bad thing as the initial batch had some with audio issues like my unit.
There is also supposed to be a better quality charger included with the next batch, I did not use the one supplied though.

Shipped on Monday. Will post test videos as soon as I get it.

I hope you have a RMA request for the camera the. The only other thought comes to mind is software and re-installing the firmware.

Just when I thought I got the perfect camera I realized the recording volume is so low I am hearing mostly static noise. What a disappointment. I was more concerned about video quality I forgot about audio completely. Anyone has this issue ?

airbender said:
Just when I thought I got the perfect camera I realized the recording volume is so low I am hearing mostly static noise. What a disappointment. I was more concerned about video quality I forgot about audio completely. Anyone has this issue ?

Errr....yeah posted about it as well. I was hoping future Firmware might improve it, but so far nothing has emerged.
FoxOffer wants me to send the camera back (microphone issue they think) They have offered to partially pay return shipping.
Good video for the price though, day and night.

Hi,
got my GT300W "Shadow recorder" with the 32gb sandisk class 10 card from Foxoffer and have the :twisted: memory error problem as many of the people here on the board.
I have tried everything, resetting, format on pc, format on camera... and still the same issue... Blue screen Memory Error after 1-10min of recording with the supplied card..
Firmware is shadow 201304181 on the camera, I strongly suspect the firmware and the card sold by Foxoffer... I belive it to be a fake card, can someone confirm that your card that was bought from Foxoffer is working or not working ?

Thanks

I have the same "memory error" problem with my GT300W that I got from Foxoffer last week. The error may occurs from 1 to 30 minutes of operation. I use Sandisk 32 GB Class 10 card that I bought from Amazon, so I assume it is authentic. I upgraded to DOD firmware, but the error still occurs the same way. Format, reset are not helping as well.

Will try with 16 GB card in couple of days.

Does anyone have memory error problem with the original DOD LS300W or LS400W?

Thanks.

I have tried a 2 gb class 4 card just to try it out and it works and has been running for 9h without any issues...
Tryed out Kingstone 16gb Class 10, run 2 times * 4h = no issues.
I am also in contact with Sandisk regarding the memory card and I am waiting for the feedback from them to check how to spot if it is fake...

I don't think FoxOffer would sell a fake Sandisk card.
I also had issues with an Amazon bought Sandisk UHS 1 Class 10 32 Gig card (memory error) in the GT300W
I've been using a Kingston Class 4 16 Gig with zero issues since.
FWIW, the Sandisk UHS 1 Class 10 also causes problems in my 808 #16's (both of them) I suspect the card, not the cameras or Firmware

You can test if the MicroSD is Fake or Legit using this free software , http://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/2008/ ... it-drives/

Format ur MicroSD , start a Test and wait ends

an Class 10 MicroSD usual goes over 14mb/s Transfer , if its less than 8MB/s Transfer something is wrong ! :?
if give error in middle of test , you got a Fake MicroSD :(

a months ago i bought fake memory :| :

ZWL7N2J.jpg

UtTQWq4.jpg

(was can see it´s NOT a class 10 but a class 4 crap branded was Class 10
and it´s clearly not 64GB but 32GB modified was 64GB ,

since that i taking double attention and checking everywhere about the seller.
and after buy aways checking the SD.

suggest you check your SD and if is fake , contact seller , if the seller is honest he will exchange for you

votnet said:
I have the same "memory error" problem with my GT300W that I got from Foxoffer last week. The error may occurs from 1 to 30 minutes of operation. I use Sandisk 32 GB Class 10 card that I bought from Amazon, so I assume it is authentic. I upgraded to DOD firmware, but the error still occurs the same way. Format, reset are not helping as well.

Thanks.

Yes
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1600

LS300w is Naughty whit certain SD Mems

Crashnet2000! said:
I have tried a 2 gb class 4 card just to try it out and it works and has been running for 9h without any issues...
I am also in contact with Sandisk regarding the memory card and I am waiting for the feedback from them to check how to spot if it is fake...

take a picture of your Kingston MicroSD class 10 , add the version of your firmware and post here please

will help people taking decision on Compatible MicroSD.

Last edited by a moderator:
airbender said:
No heat issues, there is a little bit of overlap between subsequent videos
It is *exactly* 30 frames or 1 second.

GeorgesNJR said:
You can test if the MicroSD is Fake or Legit using this free software , http://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/2008/ ... it-drives/

Format ur MicroSD , start a Test and wait ends

an Class 10 MicroSD usual goes over 14mb/s Transfer , if its less than 8MB/s Transfer something is wrong ! :?
if give error in middle of test , you got a Fake MicroSD :(

a months ago i bought fake memory :| :

ZWL7N2J.jpg

UtTQWq4.jpg

(was can see it´s NOT a class 10 but a class 4 crap branded was Class 10
and it´s clearly not 64GB but 32GB modified was 64GB ,

since that i taking double attention and checking everywhere about the seller.
and after buy aways checking the SD.

suggest you check your SD and if is fake , contact seller , if the seller is honest he will exchange for you

votnet said:

Thanks.

Yes

LS300w is Naughty whit certain SD Mems

Crashnet2000! said:

take a picture of your Kingston MicroSD class 10 , add the version of your firmware and post here please

will help people taking decision on Compatible MicroSD.

Downloaded it and did the test, it is 32 GB card but the write speed is at 8.12 MB/s.... Still the same issue with the blue screen on the camera...
I will upload the pictures of the working cards as soon as i get home.

I have had my GT300W from foxoffer for almost a week now. Took about 2.5 weeks to ship to the west coast USA from the day I ordered. No issues so far and it has been working great.

The manual is lacking as you know but there are a few things I have discovered that might help others.

Blue blinking LED = charging.
Red blinking LED = fully charged and recording.
Blue and Purple blinking LED = charging and recording.

While in screen saver mode and recording, if you touch one of the buttons to wake it up, it will automatically create a new file. Kind of annoying.

Future wish list:
-Would also like to see a setting so you can adjust how long it records after the power cord is removed. It seems to stop after about 10 seconds.

-A one minute or less screen saver setting. Sometimes you just want it to come on for a few seconds, see it is recording and have the screen go off quickly.

-Ability to turn off the blinking LED. Can be done with some black tape for now.

I am still playing around with exposure compensation. What values are other people using?

McFly said:
While in screen saver mode and recording, if you touch one of the buttons to wake it up, it will automatically create a new file. Kind of annoying.
Not on mine. (april 18 firmware)
I am still playing around with exposure compensation. What values are other people using?
+2/3

A week old gt300w, i'm quite happy with it, but i had to do couple of tweaks.
I have lots of GS dvr parts, and i like GS mount so i changed that ball mount to that.
tweak.jpg

Got old CPL filter from GS camera too and it fits right in, a small black part is in corner but i can live with it.

Since GS cameras don't have any overlap between videos i was a bit surprised to see that this novatek chip does this job better.
Transcend Class 10 memory card.
frame.jpg

I may have some blurring issue when heating in direct sun light, but i have to do more tests.
My gt300w do not interfere gps devices.

susobarral said:
Perhaps you mean the car interior mirror on the windscreen, not double image, It is a reflection
Suso

I have placed some anti-glare matting on my dashboard to overcome this problem, it works very well.

I finally received the GT300W from Fox Offer last week and just got it mounted. The following is a recording sample. You can view or download the original file here. File size is 338 MB.

So far, no problems with the camera.

aek88 said:
I finally received the GT300W from Fox Offer last week and just got it mounted. You can view or download the original file here. File size is 338 MB.

Totally different text (on left, instead of right) and what is "Seezeus"?
Looks like either different firmware or a different manufacturer than other GT300W's including mine which says "shadow"
At least your sound is clear unlike that first batch of GT300's from FoxOffer which are barely audible unless you are within an inch of the microphone.

Gurkha9 said:
aek88 said:
I finally received the GT300W from Fox Offer last week and just got it mounted. You can view or download the original file here. File size is 338 MB.

Totally different text (on left, instead of right) and what is "Seezeus"?
Looks like either different firmware or a different manufacturer than other GT300W's including mine which says "shadow"
At least your sound is clear unlike that first batch of GT300's from FoxOffer which are barely audible unless you are within an inch of the microphone.

Not sure about the firmware, but here's a picture of the box it came in.

Attachments

• IMG_0650 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0650 (Small).JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 329
I notice in loop recording mode that the camera makes multiple 5 minutes videos. Wasn't it supposed to automatically merge them?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Belial88 GT300W 21
B GT300W 0
old GT300W 0
J GT300W 11
I GT300W 4
Back