Gt550w resolution question

thanks bro. now in foxoffer for only $ 100. by ICLS already available in foxoffer gt680w.

Pepsi said:
try this
it is a little large but if too large will take another video later and repost

https://mega.co.nz/#!MxgHRCJQ!XtG8Ai-7S ... 9g3bBpbxmU

Awesome! Size is perfect, thanks for posting the file. I like the quality, it's infinitely better than my current DVR-207GS and for $99 from FoxOffer it seems like a very good deal. I might pull the trigger on it in the following weeks. But before that, I have two questions:

1) Could you please post another file but this time with night time video?
2) Have you tried using it for parking mode? I see it has motion detection but I don't know if the menu allows for a "parking mode" option and how that option works. If there is no parking mode option, you could try leaving it with motion detection on and seeing how it behaves in normal driving (specially monitoring to see if it produces gap-less video segments).

Thanks again for trying that model and posting your comments... It helps to know from other people who buy the stuff before. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Have not tried it at night time yet but will try tonight and upload.
Yes it has parking mode and it seems to work fine. Although I am not using this feature I think the battery capacity makes it limited as not sure how long the battery would last.

Pepsi said:
Yes it has parking mode and it seems to work fine. Although I am not using this feature I think the battery capacity makes it limited as not sure how long the battery would last.

parking mode requires permanent power

So if you are driving and then park, how does the camera know to go into parking mode when you stop driving

Pepsi said:
So if you are driving and then park, how does the camera know to go into parking mode when you stop driving

it won't know, the camera only does movement detection so after a period of inactivity (frame changes detected by the CMOS sensor) it will stop recording, keep in mind this this can happen when you're stuck in traffic, enough activity and it will start recording again, can't do this running from its own battery which probably only has 20 minutes of run time or thereabouts so needs to be permanently powered from the car

So the best way to power your camera if using parking mode is to permanent power, this way when you start driving it starts recording and then when you stop and park it stops recording but will record if it senses any movement

Pepsi said:
So the best way to power your camera if using parking mode is to permanent power, this way when you start driving it starts recording and then when you stop and park it stops recording but will record if it senses any movement

that's how these ones work, keep in mind that when parked even when not recording the camera is still powered and running, obviously there's a potential if left on long enough that your car battery could go flat, there's also a risk when having a LiPo battery being constantly charged, this risk is magnified when parked on the hot sun, something to think about

What is the risk if constantly charging the battery?

Hmmm I was going to install with permanent power but I don't think I will take the risk now

Pepsi said:
Hmmm I was going to install with permanent power but I don't think I will take the risk now
But you can still hardwire it and connect it to a fuse which only gets power if ignition is on.

How does the night vision of my camera compare with others as this is the first camera I have owned
Cheers

Pepsi said:
How does the night vision of my camera compare with others as this is the first camera I have owned
Cheers

Night vision is to improve images in low light, WDR (ON) to improve quality in a low light environment, pudes try inactivated it or activating it and you decide what you think best. matter of taste. greetings.

Pepsi said:
Cheers

It is good, i believe that was roughly what your eyes saw.
This is (gt series) exceptionally good night camera at this price range.

the camera has a led on the front and when enabled in the settings it stays on all the time.
Is this to help night vision?
Bit of a pain if I have to manually turn it on and off through the menu?

Back