Gt550w resolution question

Pepsi said:
the camera has a led on the front and when enabled in the settings it stays on all the time.
Is this to help night vision?
Bit of a pain if I have to manually turn it on and off through the menu?

Led light is useless, it is enigma why manufacturers still waste money to it.

jokiin said:
Better not to when there's an internal battery

I've checked out the charging behaviour of the gt350 (gold one) and it seems safe to leave permanently connected, the battery is charged at 100ma constant current until it reaches 4.2 volts, at this point charging stops and the battery is allowed to discharge back down to ~4 volts whereupon charging starts again.
So it is not just permanently on, and hence is unlikely to overcharge (which is what causes the fires, well that and overheating, or short circuits...)

Pepsi said:
the camera has a led on the front and when enabled in the settings it stays on all the time.
Is this to help night vision?
Bit of a pain if I have to manually turn it on and off through the menu?

I do not think that (led front) is the night vison is assumed that the option (WDR) in the menu of the camera is an option for software improvement to enhance the image in low light, something like night vision the cameras sony handycam.

goku said:
I do not think that (led front) is the night vison is assumed that the option (WDR) in the menu of the camera is an option for software improvement to enhance the image in low light, something like night vision the cameras sony handycam.

It is led, and it's not even ir.
Totally useless over 20 cm.
Dsc04864.jpg

Sabe said:
goku said:

It is led, and it's not even ir.
Totally useless over 20 cm.
Dsc04864.jpg

silly but maybe you missed something underneath ....

silly but maybe you missed something underneath ....

That may be, but in camera menu led is marked as "ir-led" and it must put on/off manually. There might be ir frequency but that visible light makes it not so secret. I have a hard time to understand how that led could work with wdr system since it can lit only 20 cm.
My god i hate this new forum, tablet goes slow and keep crashing opera browser, it took 15 minutes to write this.

That may be, but in camera menu led is marked as "ir-led" and it must put on/off manually. There might be ir frequency but that visible light makes it not so secret. I have a hard time to understand how that led could work with wdr system since it can lit only 20 cm.
My god i hate this new forum, tablet goes slow and keep crashing opera browser, it took 15 minutes to write this.

LED like this is only useful for taking a photo, it's not intended for video use

I have tested filming in pitch dark room with led on. It does some work, but for short distance. Not sure how it can help on the road. Maybe when after incident happens in pitch dark and you need to light up close object ( other car numberplate etc ), or if you need to light up your engine compartment when car brakes down at pitch dark, then this LED might help a little bit?

I think the same, my eyes itch, I hope it's just a matter of getting used.

Back