Gt550w resolution question

Pepsi

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi
Just received my gt550w from foxoffer but I am having trouble getting it to display number plates clearly.
Can someone tell me which would be the best resolution to help display number plates.
Options are 1080p 30fps or 720 60fps
Cheers
Pepsi

Any other tips for getting better clarity reading number plates?

Pepsi said:
Any other tips for getting better clarity reading number plates?

keep your windscreen clean, camera angled down slightly, not too much sky in the shot as it can muck with the automatic exposure, if your camera has a sharpness adjustment don't use it, contrast at default values normally works best as well

On tip even though it may not be valid,
i found strangely that my 23 inch pc display (1680x1050) do not show dvr videos very good, videos look much sharper when i connect camera directly to full hd television.
Full HD pc display may work as well, but if you got it already then maybe that's not what is wrong.

Sabe said:
On tip even though it may not be valid,
i found strangely that my 23 inch pc display (1680x1050) do not show dvr videos very good, videos look much sharper when i connect camera directly to full hd television.
Full HD pc display may work as well, but if you got it already then maybe that's not what is wrong.

you are right, native res (if you have the option) looks far better than anything that is scaled to fit

Would you mind if you upload some raw files to share with the community? one brother day and night, please.

Yes I will load them up.
I am new to this so will have to work out how to do it.
Also by "Raw", do you mean the file that is stored on the camera?

Yes by raw they mean the file from the camera, don't upload to YouTube or similar as the file will get compressed in the process

This will be a fairly big file.
How big are the files that people usually up load and I will try to get one that size.

Pepsi said:
Yes I will load them up.

these are precisely, you can upload DROPBOX. very easy to operate, 1 to 2 minutes would be sufficient.

Hi guys I know this is not a Dropbox support forum but i am trying to share a video.
I gave created a Dropbox account and loaded the video but when I go to share it I have to list specific email addresses so I do not know how to share the video with people on the forum.
Any help would be appreciated.cheers

Pepsi said:
Hi guys I know this is not a Dropbox support forum but i am trying to share a video.
I gave created a Dropbox account and loaded the video but when I go to share it I have to list specific email addresses so I do not know how to share the video with people on the forum.

Can you send it to yourself and copy file link from that email.

Pepsi said:
Yes I will load them up.

Good place to upload and share huge size RAW video files is mega.co.nz
Try it. Hope you like it.

Pepsi said:

touch the "share" go to your msn, confirm the email sent you to dropbox and now if you give share and aparaecen you several options including one to copy the link to the clipboard (Ctrl-C) paste it in the forum here and ready.

Sorry all but have given up on drop box.
The most unuser friendly program I have used.
Will keep looking for a better program and will upload if I find one

Pepsi said:
Sorry all but have given up on drop box.
The most unuser friendly program I have used.
Will keep looking for a better program and will upload if I find one

mega.co.nz

mediafire.com

Back