GT550W WDR GPS F1.6 from Shadow Tec by TioTec dash camera

GT550W is stopped production, the new version is GT550WS, this version can now support GPS logger feature, the GPS module is optional.

Bought one. Thanks.
I'm just wondering what's the difference between the two?

Bought one. Thanks.
I'm just wondering what's the difference between the two?
No big difference, looks different and can support GPS logger if buy the GPS version.

I would like to ask if GT550WS is equivalent to which one DOD Tec camera (LS300W, LS330W, LS400W or LS430W) without taking into account external GPS but the parameters and options?

Actually I would think LS330W since that cam is also able to accept an external GPS module. The LS300W never had that option.
I don't think there is any other major difference between those cams apart from optional GPS ability.

Does anyone know if you can get rid of the GPS coordinates in the video?

What are the differences between LS300W and LS400W?

What are the differences between LS300W and LS400W?
No big difference between LS300W and LS400W, looks different.
The LS300W upgrade version is LS330W , it support GPS logger, use external GPS module.
The LS400W upgrade version is LS430W, it support GPS logger, use built-in GPS module.

Just got the GT550W from foxoffer, gave it a test drive tonight, very impressed, only thing I am not too happy about at night is hard to read the license plate of the car in front of me because of all the light. Is it something to do with the setting, everything was set to either auto or 0 for exposure I believe. Any insight will be much appreciated.

I checked the GT550W GPS player tool, I found there is version for Mac, but didn't test it.

Yesterday I purchased The New GT550WS GPS from foxoffer
"The New GPS Module is high quality and provided by DOD" foxoffer told
I hope that the Great Dashcam and GPS module is working great as well, in my country

Hi guys,

After spending 2 days reading up on dash cams, I also bought the Shadow GT550WS. This is my first dash cam and really hoping it's not a dud. I was more after a set and forget type setup within my $100 budget.

Main reason I went with this model is the comparisons with the DOD Tec model of similar shape. Is this really a non brand DOD Tec?

Thanks,
DS.

Hi im new and i have a question. I buy GT550W and i like a watching using Dash cam video in my TV. I plug this cam using HDMI cable and nothink hapend. My TV not found a Dash Cam why ? Hmm maybe i need using one more cable ?

Just got the GT550W from foxoffer, gave it a test drive tonight, very impressed, only thing I am not too happy about at night is hard to read the license plate of the car in front of me because of all the light. Is it something to do with the setting, everything was set to either auto or 0 for exposure I believe. Any insight will be much appreciated.

Does your GT550WS have the same features like the ls430w? Like the standby speed display shown below?

9yoth0y.jpg

I want this feature so bad. Also, does it have issues with Micro-SD cards like the others?

Does your GT550WS have the same features like the ls430w? Like the standby speed display shown below?

I want this feature so bad. Also, does it have issues with Micro-SD cards like the others?
GT550WS support display speed on screen.

Hi everyone, I'm new on this forum.
I use GT550WS and i'm very happy but in my opinion, firmware can be improved. Buttons up and down are inactive in recording mode. It would be great if these buttons changed exposure compensation without to stop the recording and entry to menu.
Second, sometimes i forget start recording after the settings was changes and my suggestion is every minute (for example) was audible beep if camera is on but is not recording.
I think it will be good functionality. What do You think about this?

Today I tried to update my GT550W. I got firmware for DODLS330W but it fails to update. Update not starts. Do You know why?
My firmware: GT550WS G1310170SC7E03EC
DOD firmware: LS330W-A0E-1030

Back