gt680w firmware V3.0

petepete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
delivered by joovoo on V2.9 and V3.0 is available off official website...

anyone upgraded or can tell me what improvements have been made ?

Other than Seezeus no-one really knows with these mate - basically they tend to change version whenever they use a new GPS dongle and they're not compatible. They had the old silver 680 and then the newer black ones and they used different firmwares too - it's a proper mish mash!

I just left mine at what they were delivered with and they worked great to be honest.

How are you finding it against the G1W?

Better made, quality power supply and a neat package - It has a wider lens which is useful, its smaller and I can read a for sale sign a couple of houses down that I cant with the g1wh and it has a better sensor than one of the cheap £30 g1wh's. Now running V30 I ll have to wait until light to test how it reacts to light and shade ...

you are just the person I need to answer a question.

If when pointed at a street light you get a blob of light twice to 3 times the size and on another camera get a blob actual size - which is the best camera ? ( I am leaning towards the actual size but would like confirmation and why !)

To be honest mate it could be either way - now winter is kicking in I've noticed some car headlights can look massive! I think it's to do with the amount of gain the sensor is using, the way their WDR works, plus a bit of the way they've configured their video processing and even cams using the same sensor and cpu can look totally different depending on what they do in the firmware.

Have you got any pictures to compare?

2 identical cameras and settings - one with halo effect 3 times the size of the other on identical shots - is the non halo effect camera the best of the 2 !

Back