GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

@jokiin, just thinking about Valet Mode, you will need to make sure that when the car re-starts again after being parked for what could be several hours (or even days/weeks if parking at the airport), the GT2S will need to restart in Valet Mode to record the valet driving the car back to you without giving away it is recording.

You probably have already thought of this, but just thought I would mention it in case this point had been overlooked.

@jokiin, just thinking about Valet Mode, you will need to make sure that when the car re-starts again after being parked for what could be several hours (or even days/weeks if parking at the airport), the GT2S will need to restart in Valet Mode to record the valet driving the car back to you without giving away it is recording.

You probably have already thought of this, but just thought I would mention it in case this point had been overlooked.

yes, it to remain in that mode until you change it back

There is something about the proportions of this camera that makes your brain think it's bigger than it actually is. You should try to make it clear at first glance just how small & compact it actually is.

You might want to add dimensions to your photos (even your profile avatar photo), hold up digital calipers, or add another common object like a credit card behind it for reference to instantly trigger everyone's brain in on to it's real size.

digital_calipers_ec16.jpg
yeah do plan to add some size references, website is being finished off now, not quite there yet but that sort of info will be added

I can't see it would be that hard. The firmware already has to have code to say, if long press MENU, do mic on/off. If long press MODE, do manual save.

If you allow button re-mapping, it would be if long press MENU, check button mapping, do whatever is mapped to MENU. If long press MODE, check button mapping, do whatever is mapped to MODE. etc. I think that part will be quick and easy. The more time consuming bit will be adding the menu system functionality to facilitate the button mapping, but even that shouldn't be too hard.

Fair enough they are not options people might use on the fly, I was just trying to come up with as many options as I could to exceed the 5 buttons!!

So you have the first 4, that leaves one button, and I still had a few other options that I think were worthwhile, eg LCD on/off, LCD show camera feed/GPS speedo, Extend Recording.

lot more involved than it might seem, also there's 3 buttons which can be accessed while recording, not 5, so short and long press gives us 6 options only

Valet mode is just continue to do normal recording like when you are driving, only without any lights and LCD off. Basically no indication that the unit is working (so the valet driver does not know his driving is being recorded).

Parking mode is the usual, only record/save the footage after a g-sensor activation.

Why not use Motion Detection as record/save and g-sensor as emergency record/save in parking mode.

need to use both always

Parking mode will activate both Motion detector and G-sensor that's good.
Will it be possible to change G-sensor sensitivity for parking mode separately from regular mode?

Parking mode will activate both Motion detector and G-sensor that's good.

actually it's the other way around, the G-Sensor and/or motion detect is what activates a recording while parked

Will it be possible to change G-sensor sensitivity for parking mode separately from regular mode?

the G-Sensor runs in a low power state when parked so a separate level of sensitivity (if that's what you're thinking) might not be needed, we'll have to see how that goes though

actually it's the other way around, the G-Sensor and/or motion detect is what activates a recording while parked

the G-Sensor runs in a low power state when parked so a separate level of sensitivity (if that's what you're thinking) might not be needed, we'll have to see how that goes though

By Separate level of sensitivity I meant.
Driving mode: low or medium sensitivity
Parking mode: high sensitivity

Thanks.

the G-Sensor can switch modes while parked, as I said we'll see how it goes, may need some fine tuning to find the ideal settings but that's one of things we can plan for but can't really fine tune just yet, it may or may not have a separate adjustment for this but it can have varying levels of sensitivity based on which state it is in at the time

the G-Sensor can switch modes while parked, as I said we'll see how it goes, may need some fine tuning to find the ideal settings but that's one of things we can plan for but can't really fine tune just yet, it may or may not have a separate adjustment for this but it can have varying levels of sensitivity based on which state it is in at the time

Ok. Thanks

Valet mode is just continue to do normal recording like when you are driving, only without any lights and LCD off. Basically no indication that the unit is working (so the valet driver does not know his driving is being recorded).

Parking mode is the usual, only record/save the footage after a g-sensor activation.

@jokiin - just further to this, perhaps "Valet Mode" should be renamed "Stealth Mode" so as to ensure that other potential customers don't confuse it with "Parking Mode" and miss out seeing the value of this feature.

The name change would also suggest a wider range of uses for this mode than just Valet Parking situations, eg when you put your car in for service at the Dealer or Mechanic, or maybe if you have a friend/family member driving your car and you don't want them to know you are recording their driving. Even if you are the one driving, you may not want passengers to know there is a dashcam recording (particularly audio), hence you can put it in Stealth Mode.

the name is not too important, it's not in the menu system or anything so it would only be terminology used in the manual

valet mode is a common term used by the car alarm industry

I'm not sure how popular it would be, but a nice accessory would be a magnetic clip-on polarizer filter. You could charge extra for it but have the metal base included on the camera.

I'm not sure how popular it would be, but a nice accessory would be a magnetic clip-on polarizer filter. You could charge extra for it but have the metal base included on the camera.

wouldn't fit, the lens is very close to the glass when fitted to cut down on reflections

Back