GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

Lol.... I wish I could like this more than once!
I almost made it, but now everything hurts.
The only thing better then that is if someone at Blackvue seen it and finally decided to get it in gear.

I almost made it, but now everything hurts.
The only thing better then that is if someone at Blackvue seen it and finally decided to get it in gear.

Love it! I'm sure many manufacturers must monitor this forum so it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

just dreaming last night about getting guardtrak in the mail and going out and fitting it straight away, testing it, taking pictures to send to mates. but checked my camera this morning and cant find the pictures also checked my front window and still old camera fitted so must have been dreaming. damn it.

Judging by the rise in activity here ppl are soooo ready for the GT2S :)

I too am excited, but my financial situation put a damper on my excitement.

Judging by the rise in activity here ppl are soooo ready for the GT2S :)

I too am excited, but my financial situation put a damper on my excitement.

@kamkar1 thanks for the ear candy. Now it's stuck in my head Ooooh Weee!

Jokiin add kamkar1 and me to the unbiased yet professional and knowledgable dash cam testers, who like to share on forums and don't think our luck is good enough to win one list.

Jokiin add kamkar1 and me to the unbiased yet professional and knowledgable dash cam testers, who like to share on forums and don't think our luck is good enough to win one list.

Even if not for this model I do have other product I'm working on for release later in the year so other opportunities will come up where we'll be giving out product

Sending product out for review, testing, user feedback etc is something I've been involved in doing for 20 years now and I know the value in getting opinions and feedback from others, stay tuned ;)

Even if not for this model I do have other product I'm working on for release later in the year so other opportunities will come up where we'll be giving out product

Sending product out for review, testing, user feedback etc is something I've been involved in doing for 20 years now and I know the value in getting opinions and feedback from others, stay tuned ;)

How about adding a new user to review the GT2S who has not actually used a dashcam before, but has say read all 24 pages of this thread, plus is researching other Dashcams on the market via this forum. Hopefully this will give you a different perspective to your normal well informed reviewers. I humbly offer my services.

How about adding a new user to review the GT2S who has not actually used a dashcam before, but has say read all 24 pages of this thread, plus is researching other Dashcams on the market via this forum. Hopefully this will give you a different perspective to your normal well informed reviewers. I humbly offer my services.

Right there in that boat with you :-)

I'd just buy it for whatever the price is going to be and have fun with it :cool:

Being an experienced dashcam user is not a prerequisite, I normally use a mix of different user types from experienced to complete novice for any product

Sometimes the most useful feedback can come from the novices, particularly relating to UI, setup etc

Being an experienced dashcam user is not a prerequisite, I normally use a mix of different user types from experienced to complete novice for any product

Sometimes the most useful feedback can come from the novices, particularly relating to UI, setup etc

So far I've only experienced the cheap end of the dash cam market so I only really know how useless the UI's of that sector are. The GT2S will be my first "high end" purchase and I look forward to getting acquainted with what a proper UI should be.

A number of years ago I was involved in professional web design and perhaps the most important thing I learned and benefited from was the concept of "Don't Make Me Think!" in regard to web UI and usability. This came from the book I read by this title, the "Bible" from the highly regarded usability consultant Steve Krug. Over the years, I've found this key concept translates to many, many other areas whether technological or as simple as advertising layout/ graphic design and even further into how you present product for purchase in a store. A self evident UI is the key to a successful project of any kind and it most certainly applies to a dash cam, especially when one considers that it is a device with a very small screen that may be operated (perhaps intermittently and only occasionally) in an inconvenient place such as while it is mounted up behind a rear view mirror.

I think the idea of giving out product to testers is to confirm that you've done a good job designing the UI in the first place and perhaps to turn up flaws one may have missed but if you follow the simple concept of don't make me think, it's hard to go wrong.

Edit: also see "Rocket Surgery Made Easy"

Last edited:
I've long been of the opinion that if you need to study an instruction manual to work out how the basic functions work then you've seriously failed

Of course..that's the basic idea. Steve Krug has a lot of interesting and unique insights into this field and his new book focuses on finding and fixing product usability issues.

Edit: Jokiin, I didn't mean to imply that you need a book or instructions in how to go about designing your product or that you haven't done a fine job, I just thought you might find this man's work interesting.

Last edited:
what's automotive WDR and automotive HDR?? how do they benefit over not having them on the cam?

I don't have a dash cam yet and am waiting for the GT2S to come out... so if I fit the bill to test it out, review it, or receive a discount you let me know! ;)

Hi all - first post!

@ jokiin - good afternoon! Where will I be able to buy this cam? I'm in the UK.

Back