GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

Getting very excited that it's close to mass production. Jokiin I'm very much a newbie when it comes to the dashcam so I apologize for asking this but I was looking at the main page of this thread and I was looking at the specs. I noticed that the GPS data can be turned on or off. Is the on or off switch for viewing on the screen or does it actually turn it off and not record the GPS data to the memory chip? Thanks. Also I do apologize to the members if this question was already asked.

embedding details in the video can be turned on or off selectively, every option, speed, location, personal text etc can be toggled on or off individually or all together, the information is still recorded in this case, just not embedded in the video file

This looks like one of the best setups I've read about. I don't have or ever owned a dash cam.
The only reason I started looking recently is because my daughter had an accident. She was cut off by another driver and hit a guardrail, that driver didn't stop. As this accident took place at night my main focus has been to find a camera that has exceptional night video.

Looking forward to seeing some video footage including night time driving.
P.S. I also ride a Motorcycle and am thinking I need something for it too.

This is looking like a great product. Shame that it will not be out by 10th April otherwise I would have used it in the USA on a road trip.

Not yet owned a dashcam so opting for a good product from the start is always an advantage.

I just realized that if the lens on the GT2S is placed on the vertical centerline of the windscreen the screen and the unit itself is offset to the left and perfect suited to us who have the steering wheel in the left side of our car.

Its like the GT2S is made for my Little car, with the lens placed in the middle and just peeking out under the dotted area on my windscreen. the entire unit will be visible over the rear-view mirror for the driver. ( should Jokiin make the GPS speed visible as a form of screensaver )

Its like the GT2S is made for my Little car, with the lens placed in the middle and just peeking out under the dotted area on my windscreen

I did notice jokiin hanging around your car...Hmmmm....

Dam it now i have to go thru 32 Gb of CCTV footage from the camera covering the back yard. :(

Just too bad most ppl wouldent be caught dead in a Little motorized shoebox like i drive, but i have to admit its well build for dashcams, even the huge box cctv camera with 20X zoom was hidden by the rear-view mirror.

( should Jokiin make the GPS speed visible as a form of screensaver )

in the majority of cases I'd think it would be hard to actually view while driving, in a truck or bus with a near vertical windscreen or if using the AV out perhaps but for most it wouldn't work for this

Amen to that buddy. its allso just your cam that will allow for that here, a cam like the marcus 1 or simmilar will have the screen blocked by the mirror, just like the rear display on my luaks lk-7500 allso is ( if i dont have my mirror tilted about 45 degrees witch i have,,, and the sun isent too strong as that will blur out the little lukas display )

The conventional square design cams and the place where the lens is on them, mean i will have to mount them as high up on the window dots as i can, but still that would only give me a view over the mirror to the top 1/3 of the camera / screen.
And my dots cover a smalle area, when mirror is horisontal i can see over the mirror and see about 3.4 CM of the glass under the dots, but no conventional camera can be mounted flush with the windscreen to take advantage of that 3-4 cm gap.

it's hard to get a design that works for everything, I do appreciate that there will be situations where this design is not suitable, we have other solutions in the works though, takes time but we'll get there

Yours got a big heads up in that it Mount flush to windscreen, and it is fairly small.
It could pass for a toll pass or somthing on cars with less than optimal mounting solutions.

The most optimal must be the ultra small seperate camera/s.
I have been looking at modern cars and some look like nightmares to install a conventional dashcam in, and in the process i spotted the first dashcam i have seen in another car here in DK :D

it's hard to get a design that works for everything, I do appreciate that there will be situations where this design is not suitable, we have other solutions in the works though, takes time but we'll get there

Talking about a design that works for everything...
Can't wait to see what you come up with on the motorcycle front. I don't ride but have many friends that do, mostly Harleys, most of them still in "crews" or "clubs", one works at Indian Larry's shop...But all of them are still looking for a good adaptable bike camera (forward and reverse). The person that comes up with a mounting system that can work with most bikes will have a hot product for sure.

Now back to our regular scheduled GuardTrak Dashcam...GuardTrak, we're watching out for you.

there's a few different mounting styles that are needed, we'll get to them as we can, we're even looking at other solutions as well if there's a better fit for what we need to achieve

Last edited:
Can't wait to see what you come up with on the motorcycle front. .

That's something I really want to do, I've ridden bikes since I was 11 years old so something I have a huge interest in doing, not for commercial reason but just because it's something I want to support

Yours got a big heads up in that it Mount flush to windscreen, and it is fairly small.
It could pass for a toll pass or somthing on cars with less than optimal mounting solutions.

The most optimal must be the ultra small seperate camera/s.
I have been looking at modern cars and some look like nightmares to install a conventional dashcam in, and in the process i spotted the first dashcam i have seen in another car here in DK :D
Forgive me if I sound a bit stupid, I'm new to all this - so if this cam mounts flush to the windscreen, then would it not be pointing towards the sky in a car with a more sloping screen? :confused:

It has 90 degree lens (opposite side of red light) that can swivel up and down for optimal positioning image.jpg

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D GuardTrak 4
Z GuardTrak 67
Back