Hands on: the Hyundai MnSoft R700

Hi niko, sure I'll give it a try, as for the fix I have done it works pretty well when I tested it, I don't think I'll be going to Greenwich or beyond anytime soon as I am based in Birmingham so the negative flip shouldn't cause any issues.

I managed to try registrator viewer but I could not get any posision data or g-sensor data to display, from what I can gather the data is contained within the .AVI files and not anywhere else.

hairystuff said:
I managed to try registrator viewer but I could not get any posision data or g-sensor data to display, from what I can gather the data is contained within the .AVI files and not anywhere else.

If I remember, it plays only MP4 and MOV files.

That's a pity the user interface has a few more useful things like the G-sensors have a better graphical representation than the stock application provided with the DVR, plus it interprets altitude data aswell (which can be useful to tuners or complement diagnostics).

I recommend you and Mtz write to the vendor and also directly to MnSoft about this issue. More complains will be, the quicker they solve bugs.

Hi Niko, I have written to them but unfortunately I have not had any replies from them.

hairystuff said:
Hi Niko, I have written to them but unfortunately I have not had any replies from them.
Some time need to wait for 2-3 days ( maybe a week ? )

hello, just signed up after reading this useful topic and i think this is the cam i will buy!

1. is it possible to use a 64GB sd card? anyone tried?
2. anyone has an estimate of number of hours can be stored on 32gb card?
3. Does it auto-overwrite video files once cards gets full?
4. anyone purchased it in UK had to pay import duty tax?

hello, just signed up after reading this useful topic and i think this is the cam i will buy!

For that price I believe you would be better off getting a Panorama II or any of the Lukas models. At least with them you're sure to get firmware updates and vendor support.

For that price I believe you would be better off getting a Panorama II or any of the Lukas models. At least with them you're sure to get firmware updates and vendor support.

ok, i can check some out if you have specific models? i am new to dashcam market :)

I just received an R700 from astrobile. I'm not that impressed. I was expecting to have very sharp images from it, but it doesn't seem to be properly focused. I can see every speck of dust on my windshield and dashboard, but objects outside my car seem indistinct and blurry. I think they must be discontinuing this unit, as I got it with a 32Gb card and GPS for under $170US. Any tips on getting a better focus?

Hi!

I don't think you can get better focus without disassembling it, but this job is not easy. Dashcams have fixed focus and I expect all of them to have proper focus.

enjoy,
Mtz

I for one, would like to see a PaperWare update. The manual is somehwat lacking in the english translation.

david

Back