Hands on: the Itronics ITB-250HD wireless dashcam

The problem in parking mode was caused for my phone. But seeing that we're lucky with mini-USB dongle position, I'll try to increase the Wi-Fi signal with any device or antenna. ;)

My advice is for the moment to use the wireless as it is. I was surprised it have so good area coverage with such small dongle.
The next step can be some USB extender cable and on the end of it to have the actual Wi-Fi dongle put somewhere in the car in a better position. But can you find a better position?
Another step is to try another dongle which is using the same chipset which is supposed to have better wireless coverage. But after my searching on internet I didn't found one with the same chipset which is offering more area.
The latest idea of mine is something like disassembling the Wi-Fi dongle and take out of it some antenna.

But after all my searches and ideas I consider now the wireless coverage is enough for me.

enjoy,
Mtz

hi!
Must a smartphone be rooted in order to an application has been working normally?
Thanks

I don't think is needed a rooted smartphone. Mine is a chinese one and is not rooted, but was installed also on a Samsung Galaxy S2 not rooted, with official firmware.

enjoy,
Mtz

Is anyone interested in a MPH hack for this camera. I saw it mentioned a couple times int he thread, but didn't know if people still cared.

I took a look at the firmware, and it's very similar to the 2.1 version of the itb-100hd so I'd be able to do it pretty quickly.

yakpimp said:
Is anyone interested in a MPH hack for this camera. I saw it mentioned a couple times int he thread, but didn't know if people still cared.

I took a look at the firmware, and it's very similar to the 2.1 version of the itb-100hd so I'd be able to do it pretty quickly.

I'd imagine there would be people interested in having that for this model also, very good of you to offer

Edit: I didn't think of the fact that the unit didn't have a GPS, So this mod is useless.

Thanks yakpimp, but because this camera doesn't have GPS there is no speed on the screen. I think is better moderator to delete these posts because will confuse the users.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Thanks yakpimp, but because this camera doesn't have GPS there is no speed on the screen. I think is better moderator to delete these posts because will confuse the users.

enjoy,
Mtz

Very valid reason why the firmware wouldn't help, interesting that the option must have been in the firmware for him to be able to do the mod though, perhaps an indication that there might be a GPS version coming or they're all built on the same firmware platform maybe

Hi ,

I just got an ITB-250HD few days ago as a gift.
Lucky me, but unfortunately, because not understanding korean, I can not use the camera it its main functions.

So I want to ask you all about your experience with the 250, how you managed to change settings and how/if you use the wifi mode with an android mobilephone.
If there is any chance to receive the android app (apk), so please tell me.

Thank you

The android application contains the serial number of the dashcam and the personal information of the buyer including address and phone number.
Before sending the dashcam the seller ask the buyer if he agree to not upload on internet the android application. I think is better to contact the seller.

enjoy,
Mtz

Appp for android "IPASS BLACK" not working with my nexus 4{android 4.2.2}. When i connect with itb-250hd dash cam Wi-fi range bars are "grey-out" and the aplication cant register camera.Possible issue with newest android OS or just wifi chipset in this phone. The same app working great on my other android phone which is motorola atrix{android 2.3.6}. Different app called AndFTP working good on both phones(even with bars grey-out in nexus 4) unfortunately cant give u live preview just using this to back up important video files. Any thoughts?

Do you think is possible that your smartphone to have some protection against low sequrity Wi-Fi? I think the Itronics password is WEP and mabe your Nexus with the default setting don't want to connect to WEP. Maybe is some setting in the smartphone. Also try to put the same question on some big forums about Nexus and Android.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hey Mtz, do you still like your ITB-250HD? Any issues yet?
How do you think it would compare with Cowon AW1?

No problem until now.
After reading feedbacks about others cameras with wi-fi I think this is the best camera for wireless.
About Cowon you can read on forum. The Itronics doesn't have the image macroblocks problems of Cowon.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
No problem until now.
After reading feedbacks about others cameras with wi-fi I think this is the best camera for wireless.
About Cowon you can read on forum. The Itronics doesn't have the image macroblocks problems of Cowon.

enjoy,
Mtz

Itronics ITB250HD WiFi AV signal transmission beats other new DVR such as the Blackvue DR500GW hands-down. My DR500GW can only transmit WiFi AV signal 3 to 5m as compared to Itronics ITB250HD reaching near to 100m.

Apple-ct.com listed it at $199 with english manual and Android application.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Apple-ct.com listed it at $199 with english manual and Android application.

enjoy,
Mtz

Why they not shipping to : United Kingdom / Singapore ?
DA still selling at $229 about $29 more.
Btw can ask the download time for one video file from camera to phone sd card?

Mtz,
you did say somewhere that the image quality of the 250 is a little bit worse than the 100hd, correct?
that would be only the reason i'm sticking with the 100.

Back