Hands on: the Itronics ITB-250HD wireless dashcam

cybermall said:
Btw can ask the download time for one video file from camera to phone sd card?
I think is depending of the distance between smartphone and camera. When I am in the car I have under 1 minute/file speed transfer.

Vince33 said:
Mtz,
you did say somewhere that the image quality of the 250 is a little bit worse than the 100hd, correct?
that would be only the reason i'm sticking with the 100.
Yes, but if you ask me today what I want, a 720p camera with wireless or a 1080p camera without wireless I will choose again the Wi-Fi. I am using very much the 720p in my recordings and I am satisfied with it. But, of course if the ITB-100HD were made with Wi-Fi I should buy it because of higher resolution. I am not against 1080p is better to have it as an option but for traffic recording I am satisfied with 720p.
The BlackVue Wi-Fi dashcam is out of dicussion because is very poor for wireless and the recording quality is not great.

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• 20130511184835.png
    20130511184835.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 211
  • 20130511184945.png
    20130511184945.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 211
Hi all!

after 2 months, here temperatures are growing up to +30ºC (40-45ºC inside the car) and still works well! 0 problems! definitely recommend buying

I want more recording time and I'm thinking about a 32GB SD card. Do you recommend me any specific type?

Thanks!

jokiin is recommending Sandisk Ultra. I will try one cheap 32GB which will arrive next week maybe. I don't believe is Class 10 (I don't need Class 10), but I hope to be real 32GB.

enjoy,
Mtz

Absolutly no difference between SD card and micro SD card with adapter?

It should be no difference, but I don't have big experience with Cards. When buying cards I choose always the MicroSD because I consider the SD Card almost dead. Of course, when I need SD Card I am using an adapter. But in my ITB-250HD I am still using the original SD Card. If you want to test MicroSD maybe you already have one and you can test it for few days.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
It should be no difference, but I don't have big experience with Cards. When buying cards I choose always the MicroSD because I consider the SD Card almost dead. Of course, when I need SD Card I am using an adapter. But in my ITB-250HD I am still using the original SD Card. If you want to test MicroSD maybe you already have one and you can test it for few days.

enjoy,
Mtz

The SD card if far from being "dead". It will be around for years to come just like the compact flash card. There are digital cameras that cost thousands of dollars that still use them. Why would anyone want to handle microSD cards that are so tiny they can get lost anywhere. You need an adaptor to mount it and store it. The whole idea of the microSD card it ridiculous if you ask me. What is gained? Nada.

I hope to not go too much offtopic about SD Cards. I can insert MicroSD in all my gadgets, even using an adapter which is not damaging my devices. But I cannot insert my SD Cards in all my gadgets and this is starting with my smartphones. I have about 6 cameras and all of them are using Micro SD. Buying SD Card for me is just wasting money, maybe for other people is a great deal. Everybody with their priorities, but I am happy because I have only 1 SD Card compared to 6 MicroSD and I don't want to think if I would have the opposite.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
I hope to not go too much offtopic about SD Cards. I can insert MicroSD in all my gadgets, even using an adapter which is not damaging my devices. But I cannot insert my SD Cards in all my gadgets and this is starting with my smartphones. I have about 6 cameras and all of them are using Micro SD. Buying SD Card for me is just wasting money, maybe for other people is a great deal. Everybody with their priorities, but I am happy because I have only 1 SD Card compared to 6 MicroSD and I don't want to think if I would have the opposite.

enjoy,
Mtz

Maybe you should have posted that the SD cards are "dead to you". Dead to the world? I say not. That my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

The high end cameras still prefer SD for good reasons. All the new "toys" will most likely have microSD memory.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/knowledg ... meras.html

"Disadvantages of Micro SD Cards
Although there are some advantages of using Micro SD Cards in cameras there are also some reasons why you might not want to use them. Micro SD Cards are very fiddly because they are very small. They are also typically more expensive than SD cards because of their small size."

My huge hands will never be able to handle those tiny cards so in the end this is what will determine the future of the portable memory cards. Convenience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just created an account to confirm what an earlier poster said......the ITB-250HD does not like to connect to the Nexus 4 smartphone, using the English version of the iPass Black app (i just received my 250 from apple-ct today, with the engilsh app/manual). It's frustrating to not be able to get a live stream on my phone, but it's not the end of the world.

Also, would someone be so kind as to repost the latest version of the firmware? the download link in the first post is dead, and I'm unable to get very far in the Korean website without the download timing out.

Thanks!

I have 3 smartphones: one with Android 2.3.6, one with Android 4.1.2 and one with the 4.2 version. The 4.2 version smartphone is finding the ITB-250HD camera but cannot connect to it and use the preview or the playback. This is a bug in the 4.2 version and I think is because of the new function called Wireless Display (Miracast). I searched on internet about this bug but seems that is no solution. Is something about the "grey wireless icon in 4.2", Miracast, or about some firewall.
I fixed the firmware download link from the first post.
In a future version of Android application the Android 4.2 will be supported for sure.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hmm that almost makes me want to roll back to 4.1.2. I'm seeing the same thing...the app sees the camera but won't connect. Oh well, here's hoping that 4.3 (or 5.0) will fix that issue.

Another issue I'm noticing is the time on the video when it's being replayed it isn't even close to being the right time, even though I've updated the time in the settings and uploaded it to the camera. The manual says the date and time are calculated by the camera but it doesn't seem to be doing very well with it. This is just day one though, and I suspect operator error is playing a role in it.

Mtz said:
I have 3 smartphones: one with Android 2.3.6, one with Android 4.1.2 and one with the 4.2 version. The 4.2 version smartphone is finding the ITB-250HD camera but cannot connect to it and use the preview or the playback. This is a bug in the 4.2 version and I think is because of the new function called Wireless Display (Miracast). I searched on internet about this bug but seems that is no solution. Is something about the "grey wireless icon in 4.2", Miracast, or about some firewall.
I fixed the firmware download link from the first post.
enjoy,
Mtz
wow, now I'm really glad I didn't get the 250HD. My phone is on 4.2 and I would never go back to an older version :(

I have added an NETGEAR WIRELESS Router N600 to my Tikona Connection. However after configuring the router many times with different settings

This is a little disappointing. I wanted to buy a new Android phone but now... :? I hope it can be solved in Android 5.0

Good! The ITB=250HD users will be happy after receiving the new firmware.
Did you observed something new? The app working better?

regards,
Michael

Can you provide a link to the download, or how do I get the new android app?

Also, I am still unable to get an accurate time to display on the video. Any suggestions?

Burnt2 said:

Also, I am still unable to get an accurate time to display on the video. Any suggestions?

I would think if you change the location setting to one that reflects the difference from what you are off by it would display the time you want.

Burnt2 said:
Will be not a link for download because every application is personalized for every buyer with personal data and serial number. You should receive an updated application. Check your mails.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back