Hands on the Livue LB100. $100 korean 720p dashcam

Mtz said:
Camera will feel the motion of the car and enter in normal mode from the parking mode.
If you want to stop the car you must take out the cable from the camera.
When you will insert again the cable the camera will start in normal recording mode.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thank you for the fast response ;)

So am i ok to have the camera wired to a constant 12v feed? And after 8 minutes of no motion it will go into standby?

So the procedure to remove the SD card is to just unplug the power supply, and then remove the memory card?

Thank you

3xYes.

enjoy,
Mtz

MartynB85 said:
So am i ok to have the camera wired to a constant 12v feed?

I am about to wire mine with an add-a-circuit adapter:

atc_add_a_fuse.jpg

If I don't like the behavior on the always live slot, I can easily pop it into a drive mode on only circuit straight on the fuse box or if need be cut power completely

My Livue LB100 arrived two days ago it only took three days to get here, I did not have to pay anything extra to FedEx. The camera came with the ball type mounting system. I bought the camera because of Mtz excellent review. The day after I bought it the price went up.
I was surprised how cheap the camera felt, set up was a little intimidating, again thank you Mtz for all your help! I am quite satisfied with the quality of the videos it creates. However I am a little confused about the file arrangement they don't seem in order of occurrence.
I am also frustrated about not being able to set time and date, I am using the winycam current viewer and have installed the latest firmware from the winycam site. Not really sure how time zone effects any thing, but anyways have had no luck getting the date and time set up.
The biggest downfall to this camera, and the reason I can not recommend it to my friends, is its inability to control the sensitivity of the event trigger. One should be able to disable this. To me this is a fatal flaw with this camera, since I now need to remove the micro card every couple of days to delete these files. In my case events are triggered by the most minor unevenness in the roadway, my event folder by far contains the majority of all the files I record.

Bigsplash said:
The biggest downfall to this camera, and the reason I can not recommend it to my friends, is its inability to control the sensitivity of the event trigger. One should be able to disable this. To me this is a fatal flaw with this camera, since I now need to remove the micro card every couple of days to delete these files. In my case events are triggered by the most minor unevenness in the roadway, my event folder by far contains the majority of all the files I record.

I agree with you and is the reason I never pulled the trigger on this one. If you have a stiff suspension (I do) it is a major inconvenience.
I am tempted now by the GT300W/LS300W. :D

Yes this camera is no good for stiff suspension by the sounds of it.

Having said that, for most cars it should be perfectly acceptable. I'm driving a very soft/smooth raised air suspension setup on my Land Rover Discovery 3 and I'm currently using the HIGH sensitivity setting and get very few events while driving. On medium setting I couldn't get the thing to trigger an event unless I hit a speed bump at very uncomfortable speeds.

Regarding the file order. The NEW viewer allows you to view the files in order. Current viewer only allows you to order files in a specific folder. So you can view all normal files in order, all event files in order, or all motion files in order. But not all normal + event files in order. New viewer allows this.

As for setting the time, you need to set the time to the time you expect to put the card in the camera, and set the "SET TIME" config value to YES. It should work. I never did this with the new viewer but I did manage this with the "current viewer".

Thanks nitehawk for info on New Viewer, seems like there was an update to this viewer May 24th. Now I can finally watch videos in chronological order. The New Viewer also seems to have fixed the time issues for me, very happy about that.
Not sure about the G-Sensor settings the original ones were 1-2-3-4-5 with 5 being the least sensitive setting. The settings are now low-medium-high. I set mine to low hopefully that is the least sensitive setting.

Bigsplash said:
The settings are now low-medium-high. I set mine to low hopefully that is the least sensitive setting.

Any improvement or is it still capturing things as events if you go over a lane marker?

Hi All,

First time posting and unfortunately it is out of frustration. I received this camera yesterday and having been pulling what little grey hair that I have left. Getting the camera in my hands is a whole other story of pain and suffering. But it is now in my hands.

I have a Samsung tablet with android. Can't get any changes to take.
I have a mac running parallels (XP3 emulator) and have tried both the Livue viewer and Winy viewer (I believe it is the newer version). Neither will make the changes I want to make to the config file. Actually the livue config setup just shows blanks boxes where there should be text for titles and setting selections. I imagine that is due to not having the Korean language installed on my mac.
I have read most of the posts here and I am just beyond confused and a little embarrassed (as it seems everyone else gets it, but me). Use this firmware, but rename and then use the other company's viewer to make the changes. Been there, didn't get it done. Also some of the links in this thread appear to no longer be active. So I am not sure what I might be missing as a result of that.

I have downloaded the most current winy firmware WINYCAM_V300_130306_EN.bin (installed and renamed per I believe PKNY's post.
I have downloaded the livue firmware FW01_130306
I have downloaded and installed the livue viewer.
I have downloaded and installed the winycam viewer.
I have downloaded the LivueLB100_WinyCam_V300H_SDCard.zip (just in case I screw up and need to recreate the sd card.

In lieu of making some combination of the above work (with help from someone) I am going to ask a favor of anyone who will take pity on a mac person with enough windows background to be dangerous and would also be willing to create a config file to my needs and then email me that file. Then I can just save the old one and put in place the new one.

If anyone would consider this, please PM me and I will reply with my email address.

Thanks,

Dave

No takers on my post above, maybe because it is the weekend and everyone is off doing fun things.
In relation to the Winy viewer can someone please tell me if I have to press the initialization button on the viewer to get these settings to take?
I have pressed it and I immediately see all the settings revert to the defaults.
I have also just hit the save button and the settings seem to stick. But when I take the card and place it in the camera and the record a test video then bring the card back to the viewer on the computer all the settings are at default once again.
I am stumped.
Can anyone just summarize all these posts on what firmware to use and what to rename it? And what viewer to use to make changes that will stick on the config file? Using the computer as the device to make all these changes.
Thank you.

Btw this is what I see on the livue viewer settings page. This was installed off the sd card.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    590.3 KB · Views: 186
dnorth13 said:
Btw this is what I see on the livue viewer settings page. This was installed off the sd card.

All those little squares means that the OS can't display the Korean language.

I'm sure there's a link somewhere in this thread for the English language software.

This is what I see when I use the winy viewer and these are the settings that I am trying to get to stick in the config file. When I press OK and close the viewer and then reopen the viewer they are still there. Looking on the computer, the date on the config file is consistent with the time the OK button was pressed. But if I put the SD card in the camera and later come back to the computer the settings are back to the defaults.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 169
Bigsplash wrote:
The settings are now low-medium-high. I set mine to low hopefully that is the least sensitive setting.

On my camera, the settings, using the new viewer, are upside down. Set on low i was getting an event every second clip, set on high it is only one in 10.

mattie said:
Bigsplash wrote:

On my camera, the settings, using the new viewer, are upside down. Set on low i was getting an event every second clip, set on high it is only one in 10.

How are you getting your settings to stick? My camera seems to write whatever config file is on the camera back to the sd card, instead of the new settings on the card to the camera.
I have the winy firmware, renamed as instructed, installed and using the winy viewer to make setting changes and I am having no luck with this. This is really frustrating for me.

dnorth13 said:
This is what I see when I use the winy viewer and these are the settings that I am trying to get to stick in the config file. When I press OK and close the viewer and then reopen the viewer they are still there. Looking on the computer, the date on the config file is consistent with the time the OK button was pressed. But if I put the SD card in the camera and later come back to the computer the settings are back to the defaults

You need to click on the little magnifying glass icon in the file location box, before you are attempt to make changes .
Have you viewed any footage yet ?

In one of the earlier posts i read something about both viewers should not be downloaded.

mattie said:
dnorth13 said:
This is what I see when I use the winy viewer and these are the settings that I am trying to get to stick in the config file. When I press OK and close the viewer and then reopen the viewer they are still there. Looking on the computer, the date on the config file is consistent with the time the OK button was pressed. But if I put the SD card in the camera and later come back to the computer the settings are back to the defaults

You need to click on the little magnifying glass icon in the file location box, before you are attempt to make changes .
Have you viewed any footage yet ?

In one of the earlier posts i read something about both viewers should not be downloaded.

Mattie,

I do click on the magnifying glass in order to tell the viewer where my sd card is located.
I have viewed footage, no problem there at all.
Also when I hit the OK button the config file time changes to the current computer time.
When I pull the sd card and put it back on the pc the config file time has updated to a future date (Korean time). That tells me that the camera is writing to the sd card, instead of reading from it. Don't understand why that would be. Edit (probably so it can keep some sort of time sync)

Dnorth13 can you post a screenshot of your micro card file content?

dashingthrusnow said:
Bigsplash said:

Any improvement or is it still capturing things as events if you go over a lane marker?

Turns out setting it to high gives me the least amount of events, although still too many. Hopefully there will be a way to disable this in some future firmware or player revision.

Bigsplash said:
Dnorth13 can you post a screenshot of your micro card file content?

Here you go. Hopefully it will help you shed some light on my issue.
As you can see the date on the FW01.dir is tomorrow and the setup.cfg is today (I just attempted another change to the settings and making the setup.cfg read only, but have not yet placed it in the camera).
BTW, this was a screen shot from a mac computer, in case you are wondering why it has a different look than you might have expected.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• SDContents.jpg
    SDContents.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 313
Back