Hardwiring a 2012 Honda Jazz

asone

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have hardwired a Nanocam+ dashcam into a 2012 Jazz and also into a Kia Cerato. In the Kia, everything works as it should. I have set the battery voltage on the hardwire kit to 12.4V, and I have never yet noticed the voltage to fall enough to stop the camera. I have the motion sensor on the cam set to on, so it will record all the time, but only when it detects motion. The main reason I got these cams is I am sick of people running into my parked car and not stopping to leave details, so I want to be able to record lots when they are parked - not just the few seconds after a G sensor event that you get with the normal park mode.

Anyway, with the same camera in the Jazz, it is usually powered down when I start the car after leaving it for a while (especially parked all day when I am at work). I set the voltage down to 12.2V to give it more room to record longer, but I am still coming back to a powered down camera after a day at work, and with the hardwire kit set to 12.2V the car will start, but it is more reluctant to turn over. Not something I am hugely comfortable with. The battery in the Jazz is physically smaller. Is this just the way it is with the battery in the Jazz, or is it possible this is a sign that the battery is close to the end of it's life (I can't remember how old this one is)?

Thanks

Back