Has anyone returned a Mini 0806 to China from Australia?

RichardX

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SG9665GC
Here's the problem. GearBest says to use standard postage because using a courier causes problems. Australia Post refuses to handle it in any way because it contains a lithium battery and, in any case, China considers returned dashcams to be prohibited items. How did you handle it?

Thanks, jokiin. I had started to suspect that might be the case. I've bought lots of stuff from China and this is the first "issue" I've had.

I've given up on Mini and GearBest. I've been reading the SG threads for a couple of weeks and am currently trying to decide between an SGZC12SG and an SG9665GC. Your support for your products as demonstrated on dashcamtalk made the decision very easy for me. You'll probably understand that I'm a bit shell-shocked at the moment, so please don't take this as reflecting the quality of your products - stuff happens. If there is an issue with an SG product, whether bought direct, from an Australian store via the net or from a bricks and mortar store, and a return is necessary, what's the procedure?

Thanks (again) jokiin. I've seen that in your responses to people with problems on this forum. I think I was probably getting a bit paranoid :)

No problem, our competitors in Australia don't do it, ask some owners of well know product how long they've had repairs or replacements dragged out for, some are waiting months even though purchased locally which is just ridiculous

Agreed. Lack of support can kill a business. I will be buying one of your dash cams. Just working out which one. Oh! And keeping my wife sweet at the same time. There's a high performance intercooler on the shopping list too ;)

Have you contacted mini0806.com?

I think I remember someone in Oz getting theirs replaced under manufacturer warrantee by the local supplier/support agent even though it wasn't bought through the local supplier. No idea how to search for that thread but I think there is one.

Have you contacted mini0806.com?

I think I remember someone in Oz getting theirs replaced under manufacturer warrantee by the local supplier/support agent even though it wasn't bought through the local supplier. No idea how to search for that thread but I think there is one.

Thanks, Nigel. I'll try to find it.

I returned mini0806 body back to China on March 30th and no one knows where it is yet.

Thanks, Nigel. I'll try to find it.
These are the details you are after.
I suggest you send personal message to @Rayman.Chan. He is manufacturer and said that Australian distributor (in QLD) would accept returns and look after customers with the problem even though they bought camera elsewhere.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/0806-mini-camera-problems.9860/page-2#post-127019

@Jacobbby was able to follow the return process to QLD rather than China, but hasn't reported back about replacement - assuming no news is good news ;)
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...eak-wire-solder-connection.10359/#post-132370

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm living in Sydney and ordered one 0806 from GearBest few months ago (late Feb maybe?), after 1 month use I found that my 0806 had the focus problem. I contacted GearBest and they came back with 3 options quickly:
1. Post it back and they will send a new one as replacement, I pay the return postage.
2. They refund half of the value and I keep the 0806.
3. They refund 40% of the value as store credit that I can use for purchasing a new 0806.
I chose option 2 and tried to open the plastic housing and fix it by myself, and I did a pretty good job. Now I have a fully functional 0806 for half price, especially considering the big exchange rate difference between Feb and April, I'm a very happy man.

These are the details you are after.
I suggest you send personal message to @Rayman.Chan. He is manufacturer and said that Australian distributor (in QLD) would accept returns and look after customers with the problem even though they bought camera elsewhere.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/0806-mini-camera-problems.9860/page-2#post-127019

@Jacobbby was able to follow the return process to QLD rather than China, but hasn't reported back about replacement - assuming no news is good news ;)
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...eak-wire-solder-connection.10359/#post-132370
Thanks, Walter. I'll send a few emails and see what happens.

I've sort-of reached the stage where I can't really be bothered to try to get some money back. I might just put it down to experience. However, to be fair, I should give them another chance, so I'll send the emails.

Last edited by a moderator:
the problem I can see with option 1. is two fold, first is P&P might cost as much as half as what the DVR cost and secondly, whats to say the one they send back is going to be any better? oh and the turn around might take months, I returned my fist mini 0805 due to focusing and my second one is even worse than the fist one was, from two different suppliers, the one I have now is from Gearbest, but mine were 0805's not 0806's

yeah the post won't even take it from Australia, need to use a freight company
And GearBest says not to use a freight company or a courier because doing so causes problems with fees and other things. Australia Post also says that a returned, dead dash-cam is considered to be a prohibited item by the Chinese Government, even if you remove the lithium battery.

I collected an SG9665GC from SSV in Mitcham today. :D

Thanks, jokiin.

Back