Having a little fun

Com69

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
1 SG9665GC, 3 SGZC12RC
The hubby and I decompressing after a long day. He finally has his bike running right. Ran out of road before either of us ran out of gears.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but thats an arrest if caught by the poh poh. Either for going over 100mph or racing. Not worth it.

You'd be surprised at what the Camaro will catch. From a dead stop, his bike's got me beat hands down, until about 120, but the car pulls hard, through all the gears.

I actually did get pulled over once after passing an unmarked statie on that same road, right where it turns into two lanes. He was the only car on the road besides me, I blew by him at about 100. Didn't even realize he was trying to pull me over(had to watch the video to see where he even came from), I topped out at about 155. If I knew he was back there I woulda taken the ramp and not gone to the light. I think he was so surprised that it was a girl behind the wheel he didn't know what to do. He started filling the ticket out as a criminal offense(they have to put the courthouse addy on it), but ended up writing me up as civil, at 110+. Not cheap.....but TOTALLY worth it.

I had never had a ticket in my life until I got that car. In MA if you get more than 3 tickets in a 12 month period, you lose your license for 30 days. Just barely made it, Sept 17 was a year to the day, got pulled over again on the 19th. No ticket thankfully. Some cops seem to be more understanding than others. No joke though, 90 in the Camaro feels like 40 in any other car. Chevy got **** right with that car.

"Worth it" is a very subjective thing.

I still remember going out "cruising"one night with the Supra club. I was driving a supercharged 95 Camry 2dr (4psi on an otherwise stock 3.0l v6 auto - ran high 14s in the quarter - surprised loads of mustangs and Camaros that couldn't shake me).

I don't think I'll ever forget when were were already going 100mph and someone got on the radio and said "hey are we just gonna drive fast or is someone gonna race?" So 3 cars lined up side by side right in front of me - c5 Vette, mkiv Supra and gen1 Hennessy viper. All three of them broke traction when they punched it -the Vette almost lost it he spun the tires so bad. Within a few seconds they were little red dots in the distance, and eventually someone turned on their flashers. I looked down and saw the needle cross 140... Yeah I had floored it once they went, didn't expect to keep up, but damn. I wouldn't be surprised if they were racing to 200.

You only get one life, might as well live it. We get called crazy, insane, and many other choice names, but we have FUN. Always try to do it responsibly, we have one rule with our toys.....one drink and they get put away, ALWAYS. We (obviously) do stupid enough **** sober in/on them, don't even wanna tempt fate by getting behind the wheel buzzed.

...We (obviously) do stupid enough **** sober in/on them,....
Good that you're smart enough to realize this, too bad you're not smart enough to act on it. :(

I have no complaints about anyone going fast on an empty road with no chance of other people appearing.
But remember the old saying, if you got caught by the police, you weren't paying enough attention. (And besides legality, that probably also means you weren't in as much control as you believed.)

But remember the old saying, if you got caught by the police, you weren't paying enough attention. (And besides legality, that probably also means you weren't in as much control as you believed.)

plenty of people here have tried the 'there was nobody else on the road at the time' so they thought it was safe to do defence, which generally gets shot down when the judge points out that if there was nobody else on the road where did the police come from ;)

Like I said....no feasible defense. BUT, we like having fun, so we do. And if we get pulled over, we just hang until the cop catches up. Literally no excuse other than...."It was fun".

Blew past a cop, outside his suv doing radar, KNEW he was coming after me. I literally pulled over and waited, longer than I thought, for him to catch up and "pull" me over. I never, ever run, I'll take responsibility for my stupidy.

Like I said....no feasible defense. BUT, we like having fun, so we do. And if we get pulled over, we just hang until the cop catches up. Literally no excuse other than...."It was fun".

Blew past a cop, outside his suv doing radar, KNEW he was coming after me. I literally pulled over and waited, longer than I thought, for him to catch up and "pull" me over. I never, ever run, I'll take responsibility for my stupidy.

was just pointing that out, not here to judge you at all :)

There was one I was sure I was done for... Doing just shy of 90 in a 60... Passed a state trooper and my heart stopped. I just let off the gas and coasted down to the limit (which meant that everyone was now blowing my doors off since they were doing 75-80). He never pulled away from the shoulder. Made me wonder if it was just a decoy car with a mannequin inside. There's no missing a fire engine red coupe moving that much faster than dominant traffic...

...an empty road with no chance of other people appearing...

Unfortunately there is absolutely no way you can guarantee that being the case.

Like I said....no feasible defense. BUT, we like having fun, so we do...

Hmm, stupid and selfish - great combination. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately there is absolutely no way you can guarantee that being the case.

Well you can look ahead to see if there are any entry points. Or you could be familiar with the area. The OP video seemed to show such a road.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Oh gosh, just enjoy the vid, will you, please?

A effing CAMARO is an AWESOME car.... it even MAKES awesome sound.

ChilL!

It was something to see that video, I must admit.

However...

I simply cannot see how anyone can define this as "fun".

Personally, I call it wholly irresponsible.

Fortunately, here in the United Kingdom, we have no roads as "open" as yours. Our motorways have a legal top speed of 70mph. And yes, there are many examples I'm sure of drivers exceeding that speed to the N'th degree.

It only takes a puncture and your "FUN" could so easily become your "FUNeral".

Sorry.

Paul.

There is one entry point, on the right, not far down from where the 2 lanes starts and you can see all the way up that ramp. Literally no possible way to get surprised by oncoming vehicles.

I drive this road every single day, multiple times. I know it like the back of my hand. I'm much more hesitant on roads I'm not as familair with. But that stretch is literally MY road.

It helps that we fix all the town police vehicles, so they know us and KNOW we're safely crazy.

Fun until something goes wrong, and lucky if that only makes you poorer!

In my younger days I always drove like a maniac complete with the many 'close calls' and occasional dented bodywork from pushing a corner too hard :whistle: My theory (and it worked) was that if I was already going fast enough then a stopped police car would need acceleration time to catch up, and I'm now increasing speed making that harder for them. An oncoming cop took even longer :p By then I'm out of sight and onto the side roads- gone! In those days they had to issue a ticket within 24 hours of the event so if I thought they got my tag number I'd spend the night at a friend's house where they couldn't find me ;) All the Cops knew me and watched for me but I watched for them even better :cool: I only stopped for the 'blues' when I was pretty sure I couldn't get away :eek: I was nice to the Cops and they rarely wrote me up for my full speed :D

I figure that I have used up all of my luck and someone else's share too so I don't push things anymore. 70MPH is plenty fast for me these days and I rarely even get close to that, I ain't got nuthin to prove and I'm not in that big of a hurry :rolleyes: Now I drive smarter, not harder.

Phil

Back