Having problems with my DR650 2-channel

n2knee

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings everyone. I recently purchased a Blackvue DR650 2-channel. I have a few issues with the device.

1. The rear camera does not power on. So since I received and installed the device I was never able to use the rear camera. Front camera is working perfectly. The pins on both ends of the coaxial cable are intact, so that rules out the problem on the cable. Tech support from the vendor suggested the following:
A.) Power cycled the device. Nope. Did not fix it.
B.) Downloaded firmware version 1.009, formatted the memory card to FAT32, and replaced the Blackvue folder with the one extracted folder from the newer version. It did not fix it.

2. The footage taken from the front camera seems to be sub-par compared to videos posted by users of the same device. My settings are set to its highest resolution. Did the same steps in A and B. This did not solve the quality issue. It is very difficult to make out the license plates even with daylight.

Does anyone have any idea why the rear cam is not getting any power? I am running the power through the cig lighter. It seems I am out of options, so I asked for a replacement from the dealer (Blackboxmycar.com).

Did you upgrade your firmware before you noticed the rear camera wasn't working? I had the same problem with rear camera after I upgraded from 1.004 to 1.007 and the solution was to downgrade back to 1.004, (I also tried 1.009 and it didn't work either). Check out my thread on the topic to see how to downgrade:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-to-firmware-version-1-007.13575/#post-176884

I've been very disappointed with the quality of the video from the front camera as well, the video from both my DR380 and DR500GW was better. I'm just waiting for a new 2 channel model to come out so I can replace this one.

Last edited:
Greetings everyone. I recently purchased a Blackvue DR650 2-channel. I have a few issues with the device.

1. The rear camera does not power on. So since I received and installed the device I was never able to use the rear camera. Front camera is working perfectly. The pins on both ends of the coaxial cable are intact, so that rules out the problem on the cable. Tech support from the vendor suggested the following:
A.) Power cycled the device. Nope. Did not fix it.
B.) Downloaded firmware version 1.009, formatted the memory card to FAT32, and replaced the Blackvue folder with the one extracted folder from the newer version. It did not fix it.

2. The footage taken from the front camera seems to be sub-par compared to videos posted by users of the same device. My settings are set to its highest resolution. Did the same steps in A and B. This did not solve the quality issue. It is very difficult to make out the license plates even with daylight.

Does anyone have any idea why the rear cam is not getting any power? I am running the power through the cig lighter. It seems I am out of options, so I asked for a replacement from the dealer (Blackboxmycar.com).
I had a similar problem and when I used a magnifying glass, I found that the coax socket on my camera was distorted and the plastic around the socked was chewed up, despite the pin in the coax cable being OK.

I actually found my rear didn't work until I updated to the newest 2.002 firmware using the BV C updated app.

Back