Hello Group!

ftpGuy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9665GC
Hello folks.

Wanted to introduce myself. My real name is Curtis. From the United States. New York (not the city).

Have been thinking about getting a dashcam for some time now and today in fact, after reading and viewing many topics and videos, I decided to spend the extra and go with the Street Guardian SG9665GC for my first cam. Quality product and great support from what I see. (Order from Amazon from Pier28.)

Like the SGZC12RC also but felt the GC would fit my needs better at the time and makes swapping between vehicles simple. Will most likely hard wire in my main auto.

That's about it. See you all on the forums! :)

Wise choice. Welcome.

Welcome to DCT !

Weacome ftpGuy

Thing you will be safe with the 9665GC :cool:

For 2 cars and if you wish to maintain GPS in both cars all you need is 1 more power supply ( unless ofcourse you switch that one back and forth too ) and a extra GPS antenna ( hard to move about as it is glued to the windscreen ( flip inside of it ) or the dashbord.

But you hooked up with the right guy, so Jon will take good care of your needs.

For 2 cars and if you wish to maintain GPS in both cars all you need is 1 more power supply ( unless ofcourse you switch that one back and forth too ) and a extra GPS antenna ( hard to move about as it is glued to the windscreen ( flip inside of it ) or the dashbord.
I'll be hard wiring one auto which is my driver. On weekend runs with the lady's car, I'll get a second mount. Not so concerned about GPS but if I like using that feature, I'll get a spare for the other car.

But you hooked up with the right guy, so Jon will take good care of your needs.
Yes, product support seems to be great!

Should have my new toy Christmas Eve. :)

GPS is not that bad, and if you should need to dokument speed it can be done from the video footage just calculating time it take to go between 2 points you know the distance between.

Thank you kamkar1 and members for the information, comments and welcome. Unit should arrive today!

Got the DashCam yesterday with the official Pier28 business card. Now the fun begins!

Thank you guys. Did power up the unit in house. Changed time, etc settings. Appears to work. So far, so good. Is SG20151109.V2 the latest firmware?

Thank you guys. Did power up the unit in house. Changed time, etc settings. Appears to work. So far, so good. Is SG20151109.V2 the latest firmware?

That's the latest stable shipping firmware. We have a new beta we are internally testing. (Improvement is non-stop with Street Guardian)

That's good. Only question I have is...

When scrolling through the menu on page 2, I don't see "brightness - contrast - saturation" tabs as shown in this video.
Is my unit as should be or am I missing something?

That was a beta firmware and those features are still a work in progress. (Taking a bit longer than anticipated for those to make the public release). We had bigger fish to fry at that time and are finally in a good place again to move forward with more general improvements/features.

That's what I thought. THANK YOU!

Ordered the Cell Power CPUSB01 today from Amazon through Jon at Pier28 along with a add-a-circuit fuse holder. Looking forward to installing this unit in a few days.

Back