Hello I need advice please

Row

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi I am from Western Australia. Sorry to ask for help right off but I know very little about dash cameras hence joining this site. I need to make a very quick decision on a camera system. I am being harassed and followed by a man. I am in consultation with the police but it is very hard to get stalking charges to stick in Australia unless you have heaps of evidence or something happens to you. I know I need to buy a dual channel camera to record in front and behind but what I would like to know if there are any systems that enable you to use your mobile phone to view your car cameras and check that around your car is safe before you venture outside. I think the blackvue do something like this but I can't afford $500au so I was hoping to spend half that. If not an all in one product maybe an aftermarket app that would remotely connect to your cameras. Thank you

The technology to view live video on your mobile isn't quite available in the way you need it right now. Even if it were, unless you have four cameras facing in all directions you wouldn't be able to see if it were safe to venture outside. For this purpose you really need a CCTV surveillance system on your home. In fact, as a stalking victim this would be an essential thing for you to have along with a dash cam and I highly recommend that you look into it.

Others may offer different opinions than me but my recommendation would be to buy two easy to install, easy to operate and very reliable dash cams, one for the front and one for the rear of your car. This will be the most expedient method to accomplish your needs right now. There are several options but I think the Street Guardian SG9965GC would be a good candidate to meet your needs since it fits the above criteria pretty well. The forum for that camera on DashCamTalk is here. More information is available HERE. So you don't get confused, the Street Guardian model is a higher quality version of the B40/A118 model but both cameras look identical.

Our member @jokiin is the manufacturer of these models and he is based in Australia so he can probably advise you of the best place to buy these cameras and perhaps offer other help as well.

Finally, please visit the Stalking Resource Center web site where you will find information that is likely to be of help to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for a quick reply. I was really hoping there was already a product out there. I am going to get a car recorder as I need all the evidence I can get. I am trying to get a restraining order but evidence is the crucial thing. when I started recoding at home he has now resorted to following me when I go out. Thank you for you link to stalking website all that follows the advice I've been given. At least I can stop searching for a product that doesn't exist yet. However if anyone wants to design one I bet many would benefit.

What about GPS tagged pictures on a smartphone? May be an easy way to augment whatever else you come up with? I wouldn't be obvious about taking the pictures, but if the smartphone is in a holder stuck to the windshield...and you just have to push a button. :)

Thank you guys. I have ordered a camera now. Your advice was all very good.

Back