Help a brother out

Have at it. Good luck with your install. I'd "Love to see" what the end product looks like and how you got that full 360 degree coverage using 2 dual channel cameras.....Better yet, set the voltage cutoff to 11.8V on your vehicle for the hardwire kit. Or even 12V....So you can come back here, whining and crying, how the Camera drained your battery.....As Sergeant Schultz said on Hogan's Heroes, "I know nothing, nothing!"

I have a 10,000mAh battery and it's just about enough to run an A129 Duo for 8 hours, from memory. I prefer to use the 20,000mAh batteries so I know they won't run out.

Edit: My memory might not be reliable
Your memory is good.

The larger packs do a bit better for their rated capacity. 20,000mAh, or 73Wh is enough for a little over 24 hours with an A129 running 2 channels. If you want 4 channels (2x A129 Duo) from the same pack, you will get less than half the time, probably more like your 8 hours because the extra power draw reduces the voltage and triggers the low voltage cut off earlier. Run a single channel dashcam off a 20,000 mAh pack then it should be no surprise that you get much longer run times than for 2 channels!

Your memory is good.

The larger packs do a bit better for their rated capacity. 20,000mAh, or 73Wh is enough for a little over 24 hours with an A129 running 2 channels. If you want 4 channels (2x A129 Duo) from the same pack, you will get less than half the time, probably more like 2x your 8 hours because the extra power draw reduces the voltage and triggers the low voltage cut off earlier. Run a single channel dashcam off a 20,000 mAh pack then it should be no surprise that you get much longer run times than for 2 channels!
So then two 20,000mAh packs while having two more to swap should power all 4 fine then overnight right?

So then two 20,000mah packs while having two more to swap should power all 4 fine then overnight right?
Should run them for 24 hours with a bit to spare.
Or a single 40,000mAh powering both cameras would work equally well, if it was possible to buy one.

So then... Where am I wrong on what I've told @cltjames. Feel free to correct any inaccuracies....

It was a general remark that would apply to remarks you make in many of the threads you post to. As for getting into a point for point, tit for tat with you, I have far better things to do with my time.

$327.43 CAD - YIKES!

I suggest getting a good quality 20,000 or 30,000 mAh li-ion or li-polymer power bank and see how you like it. Then go for additional units as needed once you get a feel for how the first one serves your needs.

I don't have time right now but I'll try to offer some brand and model suggestion later or tomorrow.

$327.43 CAD - YIKES!

I suggest getting a good quality 20,000 or 30,000 mAh li-ion or li-polymer power bank and see how you like it. Then go for additional units as needed once you get a feel for how the first one serves your needs.

I don't have time right now but I'll try to offer some brand and model suggestion later or tomorrow.
I'm aware of the price lol, I figured it would save on space.

My apologies for being AWOL- the hot humid workdays doing rough work aren't easy on an old man like me :rolleyes: and summer is only halfway over here :oops:

Of all of us here, I think @Dashmellow has more experience with powerbanks than anyone else and that's probably your best bet: easy, safe, and relatively foolproof to do.

I think @Nigel may be speaking in terms of an AGM car battery swap, which would have advantages if you were doing nothing else, but my concept is more akin to an RV battery system, where the starting battery runs only the car same as now and an added AGM battery runs the cams. The advantage is hands-off usage like the Neo, and as much runtime as you want which would be based on what size battery(s) you use. I mentioned this alternative because for the same price as a Cellink Neo you can get all the parts to do this and get 3-4 times the cam-time as you can get from a Neo (cost of your DIY labor not being considered) and unlike the Neo+B124 there's no limit on how high you can go(within reason). DIY intensive is the downside. Probably moot since James seems to like the powerbank concept and it should serve him well.

@jokiin has 'his finger on the pulse' of dashcams and related issues better than anyone else I know, which him being a manufacturer dealing with customer service issues and warranties would make sense. If he says something, believe it.

Might be worth mentioning that all batteries have temperature limits, and powerbanks should not be charged in below-freezing temps or in extreme heats. The numbers vary a bit based on the type of cells used in the powerbank. AGM battery technology has less extreme restrictions, which can be a factor when doing in-car charging. Not a factor when charging powerbanks or other batteries in-home.

With some of our best folks helping out here now, I'll step back and watch- they are more qualified than me in the matters being discussed now (y):love: If you have questions on a RV-type AGM system I'll pop back in.

Phil

Back