HELP ME PLEASE

Gio_2015

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I made a thread earlier about my rear camera not working...It worked initially, but stopped after 2 days.

Things I did:

Swap out the cable because the coaxial pin fell out...Still did not work

Got a replacement rear camera today...Still camera is not working

I have the latest Firmware 1.007

The front camera works great, magic pro works great

Rear camera keeps saying that the blackvue cannot be found.

What is going on? This is so frustrating!!!

What version firmware did you have when you first got your DR650?

It was the one before, I think 1.004...Do you think that may be the problem? I got my dash cam right before this latest one came out.

I've been trying to find out how I can downgrade the firmware, but have no clue on how too.

It was the one before, I think 1.004...Do you think that may be the problem? I got my dash cam right before this latest one came out.

I've been trying to find out how I can downgrade the firmware, but have no clue on how too.

I'm having the same problem you are, I do think it was the upgrade to 1.007. I was on 1.004 and both front and rear cameras were working fine, upgraded to 1.007 and now the rear camera no longer works. I am trying to downgrade back to 1.004 but so far haven't been able to get it to work. There are some instructions scattered around the forums about how to downgrade like this one but it is for the DR400 and earlier versions of the firmware. It involves changing the version.bin file using notepad but so far I haven't gotten it to work with 1.004.

Getting ready to try to downgrade to 1.003, I'll post again if I get it to work.

**Update- downgrading to 1.003 also did not work so back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
I want to downgrade to any version, if possible.

How are you doing the 1.003. I want to try that as well.

I want to downgrade to any version, if possible.

How are you doing the 1.003. I want to try that as well.

Downgrading to 1.003 didn't work either. I was following the instructions in this thread but typing "1.004" instead of "1.039" as that thread is referring to different model and F/W.

Going to try some lateral upgrades to different languages of 1.007 to see if they have same problem with rear camera. I suspect they will but at this point until somebody comes up with a fix that works I'm willing to try anything.

I've emailed Blackvue via their contact form about this issue, I suggest you do the same. Maybe with multiple people contacting them about the same issue they will take some action.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I made a thread earlier about my rear camera not working...It worked initially, but stopped after 2 days.

Things I did:

Swap out the cable because the coaxial pin fell out...Still did not work

Got a replacement rear camera today...Still camera is not working

I have the latest Firmware 1.007

The front camera works great, magic pro works great

Rear camera keeps saying that the blackvue cannot be found.

What is going on? This is so frustrating!!!

The issue is not caused by the rear camera, it is caused by the front camera.

Have the front camera replaced and the problem will be resolved. The distributor that swapped the rear camera should have swapped the front camera as well, as that is where the issue lies.

Cheers

Bingo!

I did get a full unit, but didn't attempt to replace the front camera because it was functioning like it was suppose to.

I tried this last night and problem solved!!! I was literally driving myself crazy over this.

I don't understand how the front camera would be the problem if it was working correctly.

Thanks!

Bingo!

I did get a full unit, but didn't attempt to replace the front camera because it was functioning like it was suppose to.

I tried this last night and problem solved!!! I was literally driving myself crazy over this.

I don't understand how the front camera would be the problem if it was working correctly.

Thanks!

I still think your issue was the firmware upgrade to 1.007, see my other thread on how to downgrade to 1.004 if you still have that unit. Downgrading fixed my issue:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-to-firmware-version-1-007.13575/#post-176884

Last edited by a moderator:
Gl
Bingo!

Thanks!

Glad we could help, the front camera provides the power to the rear camera. Cheers

Back