Hiding white text on camera

Just wondering about anything that would add "extra layers" to the thickness of the plastic. Would this not allow greater heat build up?

Technically yes, but not a significant amount (unless you really slather the stuff on, which is just poor craftsmanship)

Plasti-dip or electrical tape would only add a fraction of a mm of thickness - and even then, only to the bright white lettering - a tiny fraction of the camera's surface area.

Think of it this way: The major heat problem for dash cams is not what covers the camera, but the Sun (and your car's interior). The car you drive (and where you park) would have a greater impact on the heat of the internal electronics than an coating that covers maybe 5% of the camera.

The spray on just leave a thin layer like regular paint, but the thick stuff in a tin leave a thick layer for sure.
I use both for waterproofing stuff in relation to my RC hobby.

Here i only get White spray on plasti dip, but in the US i guesstimate you can et just about any color you want.

Offcourse you will have to be carefull not blocking any ventilation holes in the housing, but as i recall there is Little of those on most dashcameras.

Back