high speed crash and rollover

Genki

Reaction score
Country
United States

Happened about an hour from where I live (a short distance south of the Palace), I got to wonder why the driver was going so fast in the first place. The speed and his bullyimg his way into the left lane caused the other driver to get spooked like a horse and lead to the crash.

Looks like road rage. The middle lane was clear for a bit longer but he decided to cut over.

Glad that the offensive SUV rolled over.
The left lane SUV lost control but safely stopped on the shoulder.

almost looked like the gmc terrain (non-speeder) PITted the blazer (speeder) on purpose, but i can't blame him. i probably would have reacted the same - countersteer to compensate for the hit so he didn't cause me to get out of control. i say the terrain driver handled himself and his vehicle pretty good considering the tail slides he got into.

almost looked like the gmc terrain (non-speeder) PITted the blazer (speeder) on purpose, but i can't blame him. i probably would have reacted the same - countersteer to compensate for the hit so he didn't cause me to get out of control. i say the terrain driver handled himself and his vehicle pretty good considering the tail slides he got into.
Not sure how it could have been PITted since the speeder was going a lot faster?

Even the last vehicle on the left had difficulty staying in control - had to take the brakes off during the lane change. From all the rollover threads it seems to be only USA vehicles that behave badly under braking. Vehicles should handle like the other thread where the cam car changes lanes to avoid the sliding motorcycle and is then able to immediately change back to the original lane without any sign of loss of stability or having to worry about the amount of braking even though he drives over some debris. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...r-miraculously-survives-crash-into-car.19155/

Glad that the offensive SUV rolled over.
Me too. Genuinely glad the one who caused it was the one who got the worst of it.

Did you stick around for the cops, or otherwise pass on the video to them?

I wonder what story the rollover idiot told them, if he was conscious?

'I was driving along, minding my own business when some car tried to run me off the road!"
:)

Not sure how it could have been PITted since the speeder was going a lot faster?

preciciely BECAUSE he was going so much faster is what made the PIT easier. faster-moving vehicles with a high center of gravity like these SUVs will spin (and flip) with much less external input than a sedan going the same speed.

and you can't really expect an SUV like the chevy blazer to handle the same as a small sedan like what was seen in the thread where they dodged the motorcycle riders. that's like comparing the cornering abilities of a golf cart and a shifter kart. sure, they're both "karts" but that's about the only thing they have in common. a golf cart WILL roll over. shifter kart will have to hit something really solid while sliding sideways to roll over.

Did you stick around for the cops, or otherwise pass on the video to them?

I wonder what story the rollover idiot told them, if he was conscious?

'I was driving along, minding my own business when some car tried to run me off the road!"
:)

Wasn't my video, not sure if the cammer did pass the video to police.

Back