Hit and run, and then run on foot

I'd say the BMW was stolen, but that's the way most owners drive them.
:(

look like the door god banged up enough for it not to be able to open normally :rolleyes:

look like the door god banged up enough for it not to be able to open normally :rolleyes:
To drive like that he must have been high on something

Why is everybody driving with their headlights on in daylight? The small van was lit up like a Christmas tree.

I'd say the BMW was stolen, but that's the way most owners drive them.
:(

LOL
given the way BMW drivers function here, its a foregone conclusion at some point in my driving activities I will witness an accident with the beemer at fault. Wonder if s/he will get out and run too.

But not accepted. Everything is being consumed in light pollution. The roads would be safer without it.

But there are so many dipsh*ts out there who don't turn their lights on when it gets dark! It has to be automatic for these idiots[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where I live only motorcycles are required to use the headlight in the daytime though many cars now have that automatic. On the surface it seems to make sense as it adds visibility but on deeper thinking it's a big fail. What happens is that people stop looking for anything except headlights which is the wrong way to approach driving where you need to be looking for everything, not just lighted things. Kids running out into the street don't have headlights. Parked cars don't have headlights, Lights can fail and go out. People can forget to turn lights on. So while it should increase road safety, it actually doesn't and in fact can have the opposite effect :eek:

It's not the vehicles which need to change to make for safer driving, it's the drivers who need to change and that has to be done through training and strict enforcement of laws pertaining to unsafe driving practices- there is no other way ;)

Phil

The rules for light in the daytime here, and what cars actually do on their own, or how much more people mess that up pushing leavers and buttons in their cars is mindboggling.
I am developing a serious hate towards the cars that turn on one of the fog lights depending on steering wheel angle, i really think the guy that came up with that BS should be shot.

But not accepted. Everything is being consumed in light pollution. The roads would be safer without it.
I disagree

Daytime running lights are 50% less bright than night time lights..
I think it's the opposite way round for daytime running lights, they are supposed to switch to a lower light level when it's dark.

Daytimes are not for lighting up the area in front of your car but are for being noticed by other oncoming drivers.
I initially said "Why is everybody driving with their headlights on in daylight?" I didn't mention daytime running lights. But either way, if you find it difficult to see a vehicle approaching in daylight unless it's got lights on then it's only because that''s what you are expecting and what you've been conditioned to expect. I can't believe any insurance company would pay out if you claimed that you didn't see the approaching vehicle when you pulled out in front of it because it didn't have any lights on.

When Saturn was still a selling brand, one of their slogans was "Our brights are on for safety", touting the idea that their cars were safer because they were brighter than every other car on the road. What a crock and annoyance when I met up with one. I also see plenty of cases when someone is driving along at night with only the drl and obvious that they're nearly invisible from behind.

Drl doesn't really make cars any safer, just the people who drive them more complacent. They also make those expensive bulbs burn out faster and the owner curse when he has to remove the battery and air box just to change them.

KuoH

So you see what happened to Saturn?
:)

Seriously, it's better to have some form of white light on the front of the vehicle on in daytime, it doesn't have to be the headlights.
When I get a chance I'll make some video of darkish cars, in modestly poor conditions, that are almost invisible.
I'm talking a little rain, fog, mist from the road after it stopped raining.
You can't see them in the mirrors, or if you car windows are fogged up a little....

Silver and grayish cars are the worst, but almost any medium dark car almost vanishes.

Seriously, it's better to have some form of white light on the front of the vehicle on in daytime, it doesn't have to be the headlights.
When I get a chance I'll make some video of darkish cars, in modestly poor conditions, that are almost invisible.
I'm talking a little rain, fog, mist from the road after it stopped raining.
You can't see them in the mirrors, or if you car windows are fogged up a little....

Silver and grayish cars are the worst, but almost any medium dark car almost vanishes.
:):):) absolutely

And a man walking in front waving a red flag. :D

I think it's the opposite way round for daytime running lights, they are supposed to switch to a lower light level when it's dark.

no, they run them dimmer during the day for the most part. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daytime_running_lamp

i do wish it was mandatory that if a vehicle has DRLs, it also be equipped with automatic headlights. that would prevent these idiots driving around with their high-beams on (and ONLY their brights because that's what the DRL uses), blinding everyone ahead of them and being invisible to those behind.

course i'd also like some way to remotely shut down people's high beams because they just drive with them on all the time. though technically i HAVE a way, but it's illegal, and my aim's not that good. ;)

Back