Hit and run, and then run on foot

Some colors do blend in with fog and darkness but you're obligated to look harder for them- that's your job as a driver. And what if it were a child dressed in those same colors- an even harder thing to see? You're not supposed to drive beyond your ability to see and avoid obstacles of all sizes and colors.

My point is that when people expect lights on, then that is all they're going to look for. Those other obstacles are not going to be looked for any more. Unlit will mean unseen and that's not the way it's supposed to work.

Phil

Most of these people shouldn't be driving, period. You're asking too much for them to apply some common sense to what they do.

Some colors do blend in with fog and darkness but you're obligated to look harder for them- that's your job as a driver. And what if it were a child dressed in those same colors- an even harder thing to see? You're not supposed to drive beyond your ability to see and avoid obstacles of all sizes and colors.

My point is that when people expect lights on, then that is all they're going to look for. Those other obstacles are not going to be looked for any more. Unlit will mean unseen and that's not the way it's supposed to work.

Phil
Are you guys still debating head lights?:(

When I get a chance I'll make some video of darkish cars, in modestly poor conditions, that are almost invisible.
I'm talking a little rain, fog, mist from the road after it stopped raining.
You can't see them in the mirrors, or if you car windows are fogged up a little....

Silver and grayish cars are the worst, but almost any medium dark car almost vanishes

I remember the stickers on the back of semi trailers that said, Lights on for Safety. And highways in Canuckistan are almost all two lanes, so seeing the headlights of a car in the distance is great because you can judge the distance betterand pass if it's safe. Cars without the DRL's on, or working, are a danger to themselves.

Back