HK4 Hardwiring Kit, A229 Plus doesn't seem to stay powered continuously after ignition is off.

AzNightmare

Reaction score
Country
Canada
As the title states:
I have my A229 hardwired into the fuse box. When I shut off the ignition, the dashcam also powers itself off. That's not what I expected since it should continually record, as if the car is now in parking mode.
I have to manually press the power button to turn the dashcam back on. I have tested that the dashcam actually powers off, not simply the screen turning off. When I turn it back on, I have to wait for it to go through the intro screen again, before it starts recording.

I'm wondering if this is normal for this dashcam or there is some sort of setting I'm not aware of.

The thing is, I'm actually swapping the A229 dashcam with another dashcam that I already have installed and working (correctly) for many years. So I'm confident the wiring is correct. All I'm doing is reusing the exact same fuses for PWR and ACC.
Since I can turn the A229 on again after the ignition is off, I know there is power going through even when the car is off. But it's just that I have to manually turn the dashcam back on again, rather than it just continuously stay on. Can anyone confirm if this is normal or if there is something I've missed.

What was your last camera.

Ensure the yellow is connected to the ACC fuse and red to battery, as some other manufacturers use the opposite.

What was your last camera.

Ensure the yellow is connected to the ACC fuse and red to battery, as some other manufacturers use the opposite.

Blackvue DR650GW. Yep, I caught that. It's opposite, but I've double checked to make sure the labels on the wire itself matches the fuse I'm using for PWR and ACC.

Welcome to the club.
Please document your malfunction by submitting a support ticket here;

While you’re waiting for your official response, it’s possible you may have a defective HK4 Hardwire Kit.
Test the dash cam with hardwire kit out of the car, (in your house/garage).
You’ll need a 12 Volt DC power supply, or similar.
-Chuck

I have my A229 hardwired into the fuse box. When I shut off the ignition, the dashcam also powers itself off. That's not what I expected since it should continually record, as if the car is now in parking mode.

The symptoms you're describing of the dash camera powering off when the vehicle's ignition is turned off matches what the A229 would do if the firmware setting for parking mode was set to "Off". That's assuming the VIOFO hardwire kit is properly connected to the vehicle's power and ground. If the parking mode is set to "Off" and the vehicle's accessory power is turned off the A229 will power down. If the parking mode is set to "Auto Event Detection", "Time-Lapse" or "Low Bitrate" the A229 should switch to parking mode after the vehicle's accessory power is turned off.

Back