Home CCTV - NAS or NVR?

Those cams will have really poor night time video, a still in the night time might be ok but any movement and it will probably look a mess.

Have a look at the site ipcamtalk, that’s where I went, there are plenty of suggestions and reviews.

Those cams will have really poor night time video, a still in the night time might be ok but any movement and it will probably look a mess.

Have a look at the site ipcamtalk, that’s where I went, there are plenty of suggestions and reviews.

Will check. Thank you

Went with the UNV 4 camera setup with the hybrid DVR. In all honestly, it does leave a lot to be desired but is still more than adequate for the intended purpose.

Post some day and night images.

An update to this, in the black Friday sales I bought a Reolink RLK8-800d4 https://reolink.com/product/rlk8-800d4/

They seem to have good reviews on youtube. They have just released a new model with AI human/person detection, which is £80-90 more. I decided I would stick with the RLK8-800d4, I can swap out the the cameras for the upgraded ones down the line if I want.

I'm quite impressed by the software so far, next thing I have to do is run the cabling which I am dreading a bit, I think if I can get some floorboards up I should have enough access to to feed rods through to where I need them (assuming there are no walls in the way!)

I may post a small review once it's al up and running.

If it is also POE then you at least only need to wire the network cable, my new camera are POE so while not a big deal as it is mounted on my balcony door, then it is still nice.

Back