Hotspot not connecting in App

mj1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I managed to connect my f800 pro to my iPhone XS hotspot once or twice. The last time it stayed connected and then suddenly disconnected and then couldn’t connect again.
A few questions re the hotspot:
1. Why does the hotspot connect With my iPhone but not show as connected in the app?
2. Do I have to press the wifi button each time I get into the car to connect the hotspot?
3. How does the remote notifications work if the damn thing keeps disconnecting from my iPhone hotspot?

if you want to connect to the camera with the app you'd do a direct connection, not set it up to the phones hotspot

Then what’s the hotspot used for? And how do I get remote notifications working?

you would need a hotspot in the vehicle for it to send notifications, they would be sending them to a different device, not the one that is acting as the hotspot

Sorry not sure I follow.

Any idea why my phones hotpots keeps disconnecting or I have to manually connect the hotpot each time. Sometimes it works and often not.

yeah the iPhone hotspot will go to sleep after a while of inactivity, not really suitable for this task

Is the cams hotspot also supposed o turn off when it goes into park mode?

So really without a fixed hotspot in the car (mobile router or hardwired hotspot within the car) the cloud services are useless?

Even with a hardwire hotspot, how do you get around the cams hotpot turning off when in park mode?

Even with a hardwire hotspot, how do you get around the cams hotpot turning off when in park mode?
a dedicated wireless hotspot device probably wouldn't have that issue as they can be left connected for extended periods without a client attached

a dedicated wireless hotspot device probably wouldn't have that issue as they can be left connected for extended periods without a client attached

but the thinkware hotspot turns off when it’s in park mode therefore you can’t get the park notifications.
Secondly, with it constantly disconnecting from the hotpot, you have to constantly press the WiFi button for it to reconnect (if your lucky).

but the thinkware hotspot turns off when it’s in park mode therefore you can’t get the park notifications.
Secondly, with it constantly disconnecting from the hotpot, you have to constantly press the WiFi button for it to reconnect (if your lucky).
I'm not familiar with the setup on the camera itself, an iPhone hotspot will turn off when it sees no activity for some period, a dedicated hotspot works differently and can avoid that problem, if the camera has its own issue with maintaining a connection then that's another matter altogether, doesn't sound like a well thought out feature if that's how it is meant to work and you need to enable it after the camera has entered parking mode each time, it's either not setup correctly, or it's just a useless feature that's half working, not sure which category it falls into

The hotspot module on the Q800PRO does turn off in Parking Mode. The Cloud Features for the Q800PRO is for Continuous Recording Mode only. The Q800PRO's Cloud Features are geared towards fleets as a manager can receive notifications if their drivers are involved in an accident or can check-in with Remote Live View and Location Tracking.

Currently, the U1000 is the only dash cam with Parking Mode Cloud Features.

When the cam goes into park mode, should there be a announcement that it’s going into park mode after the car is turned off and locked.
i have waited 2-3 mins but not heard anything.

When the cam goes into park mode, should there be a announcement that it’s going into park mode after the car is turned off and locked.
i have waited 2-3 mins but not heard anything.

Could be an issue with your hardwiring installation. Is your dash cam hardwired via OBD-II cable or hardwiring cable?

Also....have you enabled parking mode in the dash cam settings?

Could be an issue with your hardwiring installation. Is your dash cam hardwired via OBD-II cable or hardwiring cable?

Also....have you enabled parking mode in the dash cam settings?

hardwire. Parking mode is enabled as I’m able to see parking recordings. Was just curious as I’m not hearing the parking mode notification.

Do you have your voice guidance completely turned off? You wont hear the Parking Mode Notification if that is the case.

Back