How Long Do You Get?

oo7ml

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi,

What's the average time (hours) that you get out of your DR650GW-2CH when it is set to Parking Mode.

I'm going to finish my installation tomorrow, and i'm going to set my Power Magic Pro cut off to 12V.

How many hours do you think i will get from that (new car battery)? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hours till the battery shuts the PMP off? How much "electricity" is in your battery is such a variable that the average time is impossible to estimate. It depends on.. the size and rating of your battery.. how much is lost due to other things drawing power.. temperature............
Consider a similar scenario.. How long can you keep your dome lights on until the car will not start.. There just is no definable time..

Last edited:
Yeah good point... i'll ask it a different way... what have you heard most people ranging from?

I have a new car battery, so would 15 hours be out of the question?

installed mine last weekend. I've not had the pmp switch off yet. this is with 12+ of parking mode

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Sorry what do you mean you haven't had the PMP switched off? Why would you ever need to switch off the PMP when it has it's own switch off?

If the voltage drops below what you have set it too then the PMP will switch off to stop the battery from dying.
I have it set to 12v and timer set to 72hrs.
So which ever hits first 12v or 72hrs the PMP will shut off if it ever gets to one of them

Ok cool. I thought the expected time was that most people would get would be 15 hours.

Too many variables. Outside temps, how good your battery is in the 1st place (is it new or old).
Is it getting charged sufficantly when your driving.

Ok cool. I thought the expected time was that most people would get would be 15 hours.
My car is never usually static for more then 24hrs. The PMP had never hit my timer of 72hrs.
So my battery must never be discharging less then 12v. Which is good as I get a large amount of parking mode time and still get to run my car with no problems.

6 hours ish only on a fiesta st so guess small battery..

Do you have the timer set at 6 hours?
We get about 11 hours on our Fiesta ST using the multi safer and DR650GW-2CH

the battery seems poor to be honest . had it checked it was ok.if i leave the car for an hour and get back in it just the door and drl lights ect coming on are enough to trigger the blackvue is shutting down messagew.

the battery seems poor to be honest . had it checked it was ok.if i leave the car for an hour and get back in it just the door and drl lights ect coming on are enough to trigger the blackvue is shutting down messagew.
if you've been using it for a while it will have an impact on the battery, car lead acid batteries aren't designed for constant parasitic drain and recharge, it's normally short burst when cranking then maintain full at all times

I get that too, the camera will pretty much be recording up until I open the door!
Interestingly enough I unplugged the DR650GW-2CH as I'm testing the CR2000 Omega and surprised to find it was still recording >12 hours. I guess the power consumption (despite 1080 + 1080) is less than the Blackvue.
I got home last night at 9PM and left today at 9:35AM and it was still going, typically the Blackvue stops recording at around 8:30. Not a significant difference but definitely found that interesting!

Hi,

What's the average time (hours) that you get out of your DR650GW-2CH when it is set to Parking Mode.

I'm going to finish my installation tomorrow, and i'm going to set my Power Magic Pro cut off to 12V.

How many hours do you think i will get from that (new car battery)? Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi. Just got my camera back after another repair. My PMP is set for 12.4v and 12 hours. My car is 18 months old and on checking the camera files yesterday, the PMP switched off after 11.5 hours.

Regards

John

Hi. Just got my camera back after another repair. My PMP is set for 12.4v and 12 hours. My car is 18 months old and on checking the camera files yesterday, the PMP switched off after 11.5 hours.

Regards

John
How did you set it for 12.4? I thought the highest it could be set was 12 volts, and down from there?

Correct, my mistake. 12V and 12 hours.

I'm really concerned about running the battery down to 12v. That is very very hard on the battery to do that repeatedly...

Back