How to install Panarama X2

Just as an important reminder for those who running / hiding any additional cables behind A-pillar trim panel, make sure you use some cables clips to mount additional cables / wires to be securely fixed BEHIND an Airbag and not freely hanging to avoid risks of airbag not deploying properly when ( God forbids ! ) something bad may happen.

I am tiding up wires in my car this weekend and made some pictures. My both a-pillars have 5-6 additional cables running trough, so I had to use bigger size cable clips zip-tie and double sided tape, but if you run only few wires, then the smaller ones will do the job.

Runnin cables through A pillar (1).jpg

Runnin cables through A pillar (2).jpg

Runnin cables through A pillar (5).jpg

Runnin cables through A pillar (6).jpg

Runnin cables through A pillar (7).jpg

Runnin cables through A pillar (3).jpg

see that's doing it properly, so many people seem to think airbags mean you can't run wires, just means you need to do it right

I must admit "my sin" of running few cables without any cable clips in a-pillar, but after installing more and more gadgets where on both sides of A-pillars there are dozens of extra wires, I decided to tidy-up everything. It's not an easy job to re-run all extra in-car wires properly ( taking second day now ), but at least I can sleep well after that ;)

That's a lot of wires. How many cameras do you have installed your car? :eek:

Real men run their wires inside the flexible rubber trim flap thingys. :D

That's a lot of wires. How many cameras do you have installed your car? :eek:

Real men run their wires inside the flexible rubber trim flap thingys. :D
I really wish to have one day only permanent dashcams, but constant tests in order to polish up firmware and develop a products requires having lot of dashcams at same time to see how they perform in real world.

I really wish to have one day only permanent dashcams, but constant tests in order to polish up firmware and develop a products requires having lot of dashcams at same time to see how they perform in real world.

Doesn't your VW have these flaps? I use them for temporary wire routing.

FHwN7Bw.jpg

Doesn't your VW have these flaps? I use them for temporary wire routing.

FHwN7Bw.jpg
I was and still using those flaps for other temporary dashcams tests, but those models which I am selling I run wires properly to have them under 24/7/365 test. Seller must know his product inside-out, not just buy and sell ;)

Bailey channel rubber in case anyone wonders what those 'flaps' are actually called
Another new word learned today !

Thanks to this thread and this forum, my X2 is installed in my 2015 Subaru Forester and seems to be working like a champ.

Tomorrow I will try transferring files to my MacBook.

The Forester forum did have some cable routing advice specific to my vehicle, and even some electrical advise regarding fuse positions for the actual fuse taps (hot vs switched), etc. I wrote a lengthy post over there regarding the X2, Pier 28, and dashcamtalk. I hope that generates additional interest for Jon.

Jim

Hi;

I want to use Panorama X2 with finesafer. Wires are Ok. But if i wanna use Panorama X2 with Finesafer in parking mode. How can i do this? I serach on Net. There is 2 type of modes in Finesafer. Stand by mode and ACC mode. Is it relevant for this reason? How can i use parking mode with finesafer???? Please help...

Pier28 cant help with this problem. Anyone use Motosafer aka Finesafer???

I'm not sure you could use automated park mode using the external power supply as the camera can't differentiate between permanent and switched power, depends how you set the switch whether the camera will power off with ignition or keep running

I'm not sure you could use automated park mode using the external power supply as the camera can't differentiate between permanent and switched power, depends how you set the switch whether the camera will power off with ignition or keep running
My problem is this. When i turn off the engine, My camera will work. But Parking mode will not work. I mean my camera will work on driving mode. Is it normal.??? I use it with finesafer.

Yes it's normal as you have bypassed the cameras ability to determine when the power is off so you lose that function, it's more reliable when used like this though so the advantages outweigh the disadvantages

Yes it's normal as you have bypassed the cameras ability to determine when the power is off so you lose that function, it's more reliable when used like this though so the advantages outweigh the disadvantages
So in this mode with finesafer my battery will not empty right? My settings are like this
27zhetv.jpg

Is it normal settings?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H X2 1