How to prevent small shaking?

Vince33

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
So I installed my new A119S in my car. It's installed together with the GPS mount, so the mount is actually attached to the windscreen.
I notice that above certain speeds (at least above 100km/h) you see very light shaking in the video. I also know this because I compared it with my previous dashcam which was installed like this (http://www.puckstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Panorama_DSC09211.jpg & http://www.puckstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Panorama-DSC09204.jpg).
I can clearly see the difference when I look at the bottom part of the video where I can see my car dash. Panorama is steady as a rock, while A199S I can see small shaking.
I notice that between the A119S and the GPS model there is room for wiggling so probably that's why it shakes when driving a bit faster.

Now this isn't a very critical issue but there might be an occasion where because of the shaking I would not be able to clearly see a license plate. Also it's effect has more impact in low light situations.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?
And should the mount/cam design be redesigned?

There should be some self-adhesive pads supplied with the camera to insert between the A119S and the GPS module, which are intended to solve the problem you describe.

There should be some self-adhesive pads supplied with the camera to insert between the A119S and the GPS module, which are intended to solve the problem you describe.
Oh they are for that purpose??? :)
I thought they were the adhesives for the 2 other clips (to mount the cam without a GPS module). That's why I didn't look at those anymore and left them in the box.
Ok I'll look into sticking that in between the GPS and dashcam then! Thanks.

PS I see I need to update my avatar :)

Also, get a wheel balance & alignment. Such vibrations are typical of what you speak. Your tyres will last longer too. You might have a simple tyre pressure issue too - pump up your tyres!

What I noticed with the V2 is the new GPS spring connections are tight and push the camera off center and also caused the known vibration sounds through the excellent audio

I wanted to bring the camera back to center and remove the vibration so I cut a small flat piece of milk bottle plastic and stuck it on the opposite side over the serial number with paper thin double sided tape and it worked out nice now when I look at the front of my car on video

I wasn't comfortable using the included pads thinking they are unnecessarily too thick and too much unnecessary force was needed for GPS connection

I wasn't comfortable using the included pads thinking they are unnecessarily too thick and too much unnecessary force was needed for GPS connection

The pads aren't excessively thick, they compress a little after a few days. I'd recommend pasting one.

The pads aren't excessively thick, they compress a little after a few days. I'd recommend pasting one.

Yes they are thin and I understand they compress but in my case if they compress equally the springs would still force the cam off center and in my car it would be noticeable as my headlight surrounds did not look level on the end of bonnet so I did a DIY and problem solved

Back