How to stick a suction cup mount

How you apply the mount seems to matter a lot. Make sure the locking lever is released, press moderately hard in the center where the cup stem is, then without releasing the pressure flip the lock lever fully down. Have the mount aligned as you do this, any twisting or turning of the suction cup part of the mount seems to lessen it's hold ;)

Phil
This! ^^

Avoid leaving the suction cups exposed directly to the sun and all your problems will be over. I have the same suction cup, in the same place, since May 2015 and it has never fell off.
Probably works well, but unfortunately I don't have a covered area. And in the summer here in Fla the sun is directly over head for hours, so no matter which direction I park the vehicle cooks. So far the grease so working well. No signs of letting go.

Probably works well, but unfortunately I don't have a covered area. And in the summer here in Fla the sun is directly over head for hours, so no matter which direction I park the vehicle cooks.
You don't need one. It's not the heat that affects the suction cup, it's the UV radiation, so as long as the windscreen is not facing the sun directly it should be ok. As a last resort you can always put one of those "metallic" sun visors (a big one) on the outside of the windscreen if you have no other option than to leave the car facing the sun. I would even suggest doing this always, whether the car is facing the sun or not. :)

Back