How to Update Firmware on A119S Dashcam

BCHobbyist

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
A139 3Camera A129Duo-8WL A129Pro-4K A119V3 A119S-6Vk DCTeam
Created a step-by-step How to Update Firmware on A119S Dashcam. Using this longer method of copying the Firmware binary file to the microSD card using a USB card reader ensures a successful update.

Browse other BCHobbyist WorkShop videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/bchobbyist

The latest Firmware update is 2017.8.17 V2.1 and modified Sept. 4th
I like the detailed step by step method you used to update A119S firmware.
I made up a sheet for myself and altered the steps from 10 to 11 for my use.
It will be helpful for me if and when I need to update.

Here is what I did as I think the DEFAULT action must not be overlooked/
(Step 8) After successful restart press REC to stop recording then press MENU, press REC then middle button to verify Firmware version.
(Step 9) While in MENU Settings select DEFAULT Settings then wait for restart.
(Step 10) Power off Dashcam to insert (previous) larger 64GB microSD card. Always FORMAT new 64/128GB cards inside Dashcam twice.
(Step 11) Power on Dashcam and customize Settings to your preference.

Last edited:
How long should a firmware upgrade take? I'm at over 35 minutes and still flashing.

takes about 30 seconds

check your firmware file isn't corrupt and redo it
I took the risk and unplugged it from the computer. It restarted and the firmware says 2.1, but if I push the red Rec button to stop it recording so I can go into the menu it flashes quite fast and beeps at me constantly: beep-beep, beep-beep, beep-beep even if I set the Beep to All Off. It's incredibly annoying and worrying.

Ed: This flashing is not quite as fast as the ultra-quick flashing during what I now take as the actual firmware update, but it's quite fast and it's what I mistook for the upgrade flashing for nearly an hour. It didn't do it with 1.7 and it certainly didn't beep incessantly just because I stopped recording.

Last edited:
The beep is a warning to let you know it's not recording

Use a power supply to power the camera while doing the update, don't do it via your PC, either a USB phone charger or the in car power lead

Back