How to update

Adrian Jaskolka

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone
How to update the software in the mini 0806?
I plug it into the pc, the blue screen pops up saying USB connecting.
If there'san sd card then the pc sees it as external memory. If the card is out it shows no external memory. Is this normal?
Then I downloaded the update and where do I put it?
Please help

Copy the update into the root directory of SD card, start the device, go to menu where the last position is firmware update. Keep your mini connected to external power source while updating the firmware.

I've been trying to update my firmware, but the update unzips as a VLC media file. What am I doing wrong?

if it's a bin file just copy it to the card, don't worry about any file associations that might be setup on your PC for bin files

I must be dense. When I do the download there is only one file there to unzip. It's called 0806firmwware-160....zip. Then in the PeaZip window, it's called firmware.bin and it extracts as a VLC file.

firmware.bin is the file you need, you don't extract it, your PC might be set so that VLC is the default program associated with .bin files but that will just show the VLC icon next to the file name and has no bearing on its functionality provided you're not trying to open or extract the bin file, you just want to copy that file to the empty memory card

Back