How to use the AV-OUT port?

ac2784

Reaction score
Country
United States
I did not find any info on the AV-OUT in user's manual and online discussions. Can this port be used to see the video on an external screen? If yes, what kind of cable and video screen do I need to get it working? Thanks!

yes, 3.5mm to 2 x RCA lead and it will work with most monitors, has PAL or NTSC output settings as appropriate

yes, 3.5mm to 2 x RCA lead and it will work with most monitors, has PAL or NTSC output settings as appropriate

Will it output full 1080 HD resolution? Does NTSC limit output to just 525 lines, so it can only display VGA resolution? I am a little confused. What I want to know is the what's the highest resolution monitor I can get? Thanks!

Last edited:
Here's an example from one of our customers that has the AV output connected to his Kenwood head unit
af53f9d54e5ca56c44910872b6d20b6e.jpg

Camera functions as per normal except signal is sent to the AV output (LCD does not come on at all when used like this) and the screen saver settings are void so its active all the time

I am looking at a bunch of displays:
http://electronics.mcmelectronics.com/search?p=KK&srid=S3-USESD02&lbc=mcmelectronics&ts=custom&pw=Monitor&uid=702249996&isort=score&view=list&w=Lcd Display&rk=2
What is the aspect ratio, 4:3, 16:9? and horizontal resolution, 800x480? Thanks!
Where are you planning on installing the screen?
There are many 4.3" in Amazon that fold and can be placed on dash or larger ones for the overhead.
Also, if the camera doesn't have mirror flip function, you have to get a monitor that can mirror flip video.

Where are you planning on installing the screen?
There are many 4.3" in Amazon that fold and can be placed on dash or larger ones for the overhead.
Also, if the camera doesn't have mirror flip function, you have to get a monitor that can mirror flip video.

On the dash board, ideally something look like this:
Car_Rear_View_Mirror_3_5_Inches_TFT_LCD_Monitor.jpg

That'll work as long if it's for front view.
For rear view, you have to have mirror flip either in the AV out or in the monitor.

That'll work as long if it's for front view.
For rear view, you have to have mirror flip either in the AV out or in the monitor.
Yes, I will need the monitor to have mirror flip capability.

Camera functions as per normal except signal is sent to the AV output (LCD does not come on at all when used like this) and the screen saver settings are void so its active all the time

true on the sj4000 which annoyingly switches out of AV mode every time power is cut rendering it unworkable..

the g1wh and the mini 0806 both have screens on as per your settings while Av is outputted..and record as normal

Its a great feature I use every day and night especially as my official reverse camera is low mounted and close cars behind just white the screen out a bit too much with headlights. I just flp to v2 dashcam Av input

Last edited:
cleardot.gif

Coming out of the cameras AV port, which is video, which is audio and which is common/ground on the plug?
Tip= ?
Ring= ?
Sleeve= ?

I'm traveling at the moment and don't have the details with me, will post back when I can get that if nobody else has updated in the mean time

Can anybody recommend a small screen that is mountable to the windshield? Was looking at the top left or bottom left of windshield

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Back