How to use USB hook a dash cam into Iphone?

laoadam

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi,
I have a USB dash cam, can hook it into iphone to view the the dash cam's Visual scene ?
I hooked it now shown 'mass storage' error.
any solution?
Thanks
Adam

USB dashcams are designed to connect to a car Head Unit (usually on Android) and are designed for their brand of head unit, or these dashcams have a built-in APK installation file (for Android).
Look if there are such dashcam for working with an iPhone

You can not use a dashcam as a web cam, if you connect a dashcam to a laptop or other computer it will go into mass storage mode and act like a external drive / card reader.
You can get USB cameras that in essence are just a web camera, that i assume you could connect to a PC or similar and then record the footage from it, but i think they will be lousy dashcameras.

You can get to see footage from a dashcam by plugging a card reader into your phone and then oput the memory card in the card reader, a few brands actually supply a USB A / USB ? OTG card reader,,,,, Iphones you can also get a care reader for i am sure.
wifi cameras you can access with phone and do settings - view recordings, and also a live preview, though it normally have a little delay of 0.5 second or so, all it require is that you have the correct IOS or Android APP for your phone.
But i have never seen a dashcam you can connect with a wire to get to do settings or see a live preview of the camera.

You can not use a dashcam as a web cam, if you connect a dashcam to a laptop or other computer it will go into mass storage mode and act like a external drive / card reader.
You can get USB cameras that in essence are just a web camera, that i assume you could connect to a PC or similar and then record the footage from it, but i think they will be lousy dashcameras.

You can get to see footage from a dashcam by plugging a card reader into your phone and then oput the memory card in the card reader, a few brands actually supply a USB A / USB ? OTG card reader,,,,, Iphones you can also get a care reader for i am sure.
wifi cameras you can access with phone and do settings - view recordings, and also a live preview, though it normally have a little delay of 0.5 second or so, all it require is that you have the correct IOS or Android APP for your phone.
But i have never seen a dashcam you can connect with a wire to get to do settings or see a live preview of the camera.
Thnaks.
Very useful information.

Back