http://blackboxguard.com/

I like how they throw the "HD" word around but don't even bother listing specs that it's only 720P. (from what I just looked at)
Buying anything less than Full HD 1080P in 2015 is just plain silly

it's a bit light on detail and I'm not sure if this is the same but often these multi channel models are only HD when one channel is being used and they drop to lower res when more channels are used, the build quality is probably decent though, most of the Korean stuff is generally well built, even if the spec is not the latest and greatest

They have quite attractive and practical remote lens 2ch both 720p but not sure what bit-rate. Usually its low, around 4-5 Mbps.

Few years ago iCaro B2 released also discrete lens 2ch 720p but with low bit-rate.

Koreans do have high quality buid multichannel devices with almost fully loaded options, but unfortunately with low technical specs in video techical data for these days.

What's interesting is the have a single camera option but still don't have a lot of info.

what's too good to be true about low-resolution, overpriced stuff on a sketchy website? i don't see anything "good" here.

It's basically the features. The website might look sketchy but I actually know the people who run it. Their legit but I should let them now how their website's coming off.

It's basically the features. The website might look sketchy but I actually know the people who run it. Their legit but I should let them now how their website's coming off.

*they're

it might have been perceived a lot differently if you actually said this is someone you know instead of making out it was something you found, perhaps that was the intention to get feedback for them but the "is this too good to be true" comment is a loaded question that is probably going to influence the feedback you got

not having a go at you but just giving my thoughts :)

it might have been perceived a lot differently if you actually said this is someone you know instead of making out it was something you found, perhaps that was the intention to get feedback for them but the "is this too good to be true" comment is a loaded question that is probably going to influence the feedback you got

not having a go at you but just giving my thoughts :)

My intention was to get feedback about the dash cam. I've been looking for something like it for awhile now but never heard of the brand. That's what I wanted to know. The website is secondary and off topic.

my point was if that website is teh only place selling it, it just makes it that much more fishy, IMHO. been on the internet since the early 90s - unfortunately the scammers are always busy.

my point was if that website is teh only place selling it, it just makes it that much more fishy, IMHO. been on the internet since the early 90s - unfortunately the scammers are always busy.
I understand where you're coming from.

Hey, this is funny. I came to the boards a last week and searched for this brand with no results. I just signed up for an account on the boards and was going to ask if anyone had any info on this and yesterday someone asked the questions already.

I have been researching online for a 2 channel camera in my new car. The best one I could find was the blackvue so I went to a local installation place that has some of the best yelp reviews. They don't stock the Blackvue but they do have the Blackbox Platinum model.

Being a bit pricey I decided to research it first and sad to say I can barely find any information on it. There are only 2 places to buy, from their website or from Ebay. I checked with another shop with the second highest yelp standing and they never heard of it. Nothing on Amazon and no reviews. I emailed the company last week and they never got back to me. I really want to give them a chance but it puzzles me to find so little information and makes me wonder why.

They really need to hire a marketing and sales person. I wanted to ask the board if I should get the blackbox or the Blackvue but I doubt anyone even knows the blackbox brand so won't be able to help me compare.

Until some end users get them it will be hard to know, they're not at the cheaper end of the market so it would take quite a leap of faith to spend that much for 720p

Still another problem is their name. It's too generic.

It would be like if a new competitor to xerox showed up on the market and called their first model the Copy Machine 3000.

In this case there's already a ton of "black box" brands out there. So trying to find anything on them is near impossible.

Last edited:
People often suggest to me that our model numbers are difficult to remember, part of the reason they're that way is you can easily find information by googling the model numbers

Back