I Bought an ITB 100HD

suparoo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
SG9665GC V2 with 200GB SanDisk Ultra microS Card & CPL
Well I finally bit the bullet today and put down my hard earned cash on a new ITB 100HD+UPC from a popular overseas vendor, now I have to play the waiting game. :( :(

Has anybody other than "bork" come up with an alternative mount to the 3M sticky type that comes with the OEM product?
I have little faith in sticky fingered people where I live, some think they have a better use for things in other peoples car than the owners do. :evil: :evil:

Study and remember this type of suction cup.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Mtz said:
Study and remember this type of suction cup.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks Mtz, I have already been talking to "bork" via PM about his alternative mount.

Nice. Waiting your pictures on our mounts collection. Of course, if you want.

enjoy,
Mtz

My Dash Cam arrived this morning courtesy of Apple-CT, it took 4 days from Korea to Australia, I didn't get to play with it until this afternoon.

It didn't take me much mucking about to get the mount setup in the car, I held the DC in the position I thought it should be in to blend in with the rear vision mirror but still give a good picture. I then ran the cam for a minute or two, then I took the SD card in and ran it on my PC to see how everything looked, everything was as I had pictured it in my mind.

I then went back to the car, removed the protective cover off the DC mount and with a line level (spirit level) I aligned the camera as horizontal as possible and then set the DC mount onto the windscreen. Woohoo! perfect.

I took it out for a 14 min test drive and I'm pretty happy with it's performance. I will update this post with a couple of small Youtube clips once I have uploaded them.

Day - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xs5CXvYayk

Night - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4gmaV9r0RA

Congrats suparoo. The videos look good.

DashCamMan said:
Congrats suparoo. The videos look good.

Thanks DCM, I'm quite happy with them so far.

I was a bit surprised really with the Night shot as I thought it would be a lot darker.
Now I just need to see the sun now for some really good shots, it's been raining here for over a week and we all have cabin fever.
I know they make floating golf balls these days, but with over 8" of rain in the last week, of which most fell on Mon - Tues & Wed and more expected this weekend, golf will like a whole new ball game to me by the time I get back on the course. :lol: :lol:

I just have to set to work and get the cable routed now.
I bought the UPC as a "just in case" as I'm not overly fussed on using the Park Mode at this point in time, but it's there if I ever feel the need to Enable the Park Mode.

Nice mount. If you agree, post your pictures here.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back