I hate dual turn lanes

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A119S, GT680W, ABEO HDVR-150
Nothing major, but I hate those multiple turn lanes.

The white van on the right doesn't only cut the corner short...but turns into my lane :mad:

same problem in the UK but our junctions have two straight over lanes going to one lane off and two lanes going right on roundabouts turning into one lane to exit the roundabout. making for an interesting merge as your exiting the roundabout or junction.

Just imagine if all those junctions went onto a single width road.

Here we have sone easy learner roundabouts, the smallest one i have seen is 2 M i diameter ( the mittle part you are suposed to turn around )
So small i did not bother going around it in the 4x4 i had, drove it like a ordenary intersection with no lights and cut across the mittle.
On the other hand we allso have large 2 lane roundabouts witch mostly connect to single lane roads, allso they have a large mittle, some with bushes or even a art installation.
Some times you can see tracks up the mittle of the roundabout where some dumbass on the phone have launched his car :D
Some centers of roundabouts can be a couple of Meters tall, so there should be room for a Little evil kenivel imitation.
4687036-ulykke.jpg

Not the smallest one, but they invite to " i just dont give a f..k" driving.
73770_200_200_57_0_336_336.jpg

If you dont feel like you can exit a roundabout safe, just take another trip around it as there is no extra charge :p

Yes...definitely agree with you, germany.

I always try to avoid driving side-by-side.

Defensive driving :)

Here we have sone easy learner roundabouts, the smallest one i have seen is 2 M i diameter ( the mittle part you are suposed to turn around )
So small i did not bother going around it in the 4x4 i had, drove it like a ordenary intersection with no lights and cut across the mittle.
On the other hand we allso have large 2 lane roundabouts witch mostly connect to single lane roads, allso they have a large mittle, some with bushes or even a art installation.
Some times you can see tracks up the mittle of the roundabout where some dumbass on the phone have launched his car :D
Some centers of roundabouts can be a couple of Meters tall, so there should be room for a Little evil kenivel imitation.
4687036-ulykke.jpg

Not the smallest one, but they invite to " i just dont give a f..k" driving.
73770_200_200_57_0_336_336.jpg

If you dont feel like you can exit a roundabout safe, just take another trip around it as there is no extra charge :p
The first one looks like the New road they opened as a bypass to backworth and shiremoor in newcastle upon tyne. they opened the road very proud of the 50MPH limit all the way along made adverse cambers on all the road and put three roundabouts on it thet could only be driven round in lane at around 15-20 MPH. and wondered why so many people crashed onto the roundabouts when they opened. they also set the roundabouts slightly off center so if you were heading east you had to do a 90 degree sharp left to enter. WOW I saw loads of cars in the middle, two hit in the same day before the first had been removed and ended up jumping over the roof of the first and landing on the bonnet, I didnt have a camera that day pitty.

Back