I have the GT680

Chris S

Reaction score
Country
United States
What are the best settings for recording currently when I try to play the recording on my PC it shows in short clips instead of contentious play is this the device or something that can be corrected in the settings

The loop setting can be changed but it's normal for dashcams to split files up - if you have one large file it will cause a problem when it gets to 4GB.

If you use Registrator Viewer that will automatically detect and play all the files from that trip as one long file - and if you want you can export clips from that to a new file for say Youtube uploads etc.

I started off with small clip sizes but now I tend to go for 3 or 5 mins, depending on the camera.

ditto.
I run 3 min on the Lukas in front and 5 min on the mobius out back, keep forgetting to lower the morbius to 3 min too.

All dashcams make these short clips, and when the memory card is full the cam will delete the oldest files to make room for new recordings.

The multi Tool Registrator Viewer can stitch up files with a fjew mouse clicks, as you please to one big clip for export or sharing on the web.

I just started using this cam today so I know the card is not full also the playback is at an accelerated speed how can this be fixed

This happens even on the playback mode on the cam

This happens even on the playback mode on the cam
Accelerated isn't normal. Which player are you using to view the clips?

Wasn't there another new GT680 lately that was in a timelapse type mode which resulted in sped up clips?

Back