I need some help finding the right camera

marco picado

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good day,

I'm looking for a dash camera that can capture motion when parked, and as soon as it catches something will send me a pic or video straight to my cell, is there one that would do this?

Thanks

You are 2 years ahead of technology there, if that will ever be a feature of dashcams.

Oh wow, didn't know that!

Thanks for the heads up.

Anyhow, what would be a good option with motion capture when parked?

Thanks a lot for your answers

There is a dashcam out there that uses a SIM card and can e-mail pictures ( not video ) that are taken
Oh wow, didn't know that!

Thanks for the heads up.

Anyhow, what would be a good option with motion capture when parked?

Thanks a lot for your answers

What is your budget ?

Somewhere around $130

This is to use in a Peterbilt Tractor (don't know if that makes any difference)

Thanks a lot!

Yeah you are right, too quick on the trigger again.
But if my memory serve me right it is not worthwhile kits, and as you said jokiin in another higher budget range.

There was the LTE thing niko mentioned once, and another one too if i am not mistaking.
And a slew of the low res models too, but you will need 1080p footage or better 500 TVL just dont cut it.

Damm internet of/in all things :rolleyes:

Well, if the product is the right one, I can always add more money to the budget, do you have a link where I could see that camera?

Will this hunting camera send me the pics and work as a dash camera as well?

Thanks,

Will this hunting camera send me the pics and work as a dash camera as well?
Hunting cameras are not comparable to dash camera, they do take video also but it's not the same.
Only thing where hunting camera beats dashcams (at this moment) is this remote alarm and snapshot picture sending at reasonable price.
Also night image in totally dark is better but it should be installed outside of any kind of windshield or glass.

Don't know that anything meets the criteria right now for use in your market, data is still prohibitively expensive and network support is probably an issue, in Korea LG are behind it so some obvious advantages there

Ok, understandable.
Thanks.

Could anybody give me some advice on a nice dash camera that has a nice "parking mode"? Thanks

Back