I saved my pennies and I save my dimes and now I'm finally getting a SG9665GC!

as you're a return customer talk to Jon @Pier28 I'm sure he'd do something for you
Well, I'm also curious about the CPL addition. I'm wondering if there will be changes to the lens housing to accommodate this or not. Or if it'll be easy to add onto current GC devices.

if you have one of the first ones then you would notice some changes with the current production models
I have 2 from the first batch sold by @Pier28. You've been gracious enough to provide the upgraded card readers and 'anti-vibration' mats since then.

I have 2 from the first batch sold by @Pier28. You've been gracious enough to provide the upgraded card readers and 'anti-vibration' mats since then.

That's two things we've changed

The thick mount has been retooled, we changed to a heavier grade box, new sleeve, quick start guide is printed in 4 languages now, card reader has revised tooling, the microfiber bag has been changed, new car charger, GPS has updated tooling now, there's still some fine tuning happening though, box is getting an adjustment, we're working on a better car charger, revising the quick start guide again, some other refinements that are going on, it's all small stuff as I said but stuff that I felt needed doing

Too many products in the market where the suppliers are constantly working out how to make things cheaper, I'm just trying to concentrate on what we can do to make things better

Too many products in the market where the suppliers are constantly working out how to make things cheaper, I'm just trying to concentrate on what we can do to make things better
That is the reason it is easy for me to recommend this camera to people who trust my judgement.

I can relate to the thread title.....well not right now...i guess two month from now i could technically say it.

Golden words

Is the retooled thick mount shipping with the new units? I've been waiting for one of them for a while ...

Oh yes, and is the thick mount going to be necessary if the CPL for this unit comes to fruition?

Is the retooled thick mount shipping with the new units? I've been waiting for one of them for a while ...

yes

Oh yes, and is the thick mount going to be necessary if the CPL for this unit comes to fruition?

quite possibly will need to use the thicker mount

quite possibly will need to use the thicker mount
You might then want to consider including one with the CPL when it comes to market. Just a thought.

The thick mount does already come with the camera though
True, forgot about that. (Coffee has yet to take full effect this morning...:()

Might be the old style 'honeycomb' mount though ... If adding the new style mount to a CPL kit is not going to increase the price by much, it may be worthwhile including it as part of the package.

Might be the old style 'honeycomb' mount though ... If adding the new style mount to a CPL kit is not going to increase the price by much, it may be worthwhile including it as part of the package.

that would only apply to people with the first batch camera, we changed it after that

the CPL is being done by someone else so not something we'll be handling directly, not initially at least

that would only apply to people with the first batch camera, we changed it after that

Waving hand in air to having one of the first batch, but I can always get Robert to supply me with the new mount when I need to replace the honeycomb one.

Received my first GC this week and after checking it out on the road decided to order a 2nd for my wife's car. We have matching black Chevy Volts so we might as well have matching GC's I suppose? ; ) Cute, huh?

Received my first GC this week and after checking it out on the road decided to order a 2nd for my wife's car. We have matching black Chevy Volts so we might as well have matching GC's I suppose? ; ) Cute, huh?

his & hers GC equipped Volts, very nice :)

Side note: I have to say that I am pretty impressed with the GC's gps acquisition time cold (it's quick) and re-acquisition (a few seconds at most after exiting a tunnel, for instance). I have also noted a spot on speed match to my Volt's speedometer (tested by me by "announcing" speeds displayed on the speedo while recording footage and audio. I later listened to the audio announcements while watching the video and displayed speed in Registrator Viewer.) The Mini 0806 I used to use had painfully slow Sat acquisition/re-acquisition. (RIP 0806. You will NOT be missed.)

To the original poster, for excellent video, audio and gps quality, I think you will really like your new GC!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G SG9665GC 1
Daffypuck SG9665GC 25
Back