i1000 / F70 / X6 720P Dual Lens DVR Dash Camera

Yeah, which I could live with for a while if it actually worked. But the distortion and focus coming and going screams defective to me.

WindsorFox said:
But the distortion and focus coming and going screams defective to me.

what settings have you selected for video related things, resolution, quality, contrast etc?

the focus coming and going sounds firmware or settings related rather than a hardware issue, I wouldn't rule out a hardware issue though unfortunately

:shock:

Never seen this at my camera. But I always using 720p resolution, never testet a lower one.
Bt if this belongs to the resolution?
Does the same happens if you run the camera not in the vehicle? Charge the battery and run it still untouched at a table or something else and check again to exclude any part untight that may be is effected when driving.
On battery it runs about 45 minutes, I guess, 5-10 minutes are sufficient to check if the same issue occurs ;).

Regards

Use the SDFormatter utility and format your microSD I do that and the files getting corrupted got away. And you need at least class 10.

Desde mi iPhone 5 usando Tapatalk

Screams: "Junk", sorry.

Which model is it (or claims to be)?

Same issues on rear cam footage?

Same issues when watching the footage on the camera itself? (to exclude problems introduced by converting video)

Okay after going back and looking it was on VGA. So I reset to 720p and tried it again. I get the same focus and blocking problem in the car or in my hand, battery or plugged in. When I hold the camera and point it at my dog he's pretty much in focus, raise it and look way across the room and it's not. The 2nd drive I did the focus was out and stayed there, so I'm going to RMA it. When watching the built in monitor the digital blocking does not occur on that screen, it *is* out of focus though. That is the reason I assumed that problem maybe the SD card is too slow, it is a class 4 not a class 10. I think I am going to order a class q0 now since they are cheap and right now I am going to do the SDFormat and see it that changes anything.

WindsorFox said:
That is the reason I assumed that problem maybe the SD card is too slow, it is a class 4 not a class 10. I think I am going to order a class q0 now since they are cheap and right now I am going to do the SDFormat and see it that changes anything.

nothing wrong with having a faster card, it won't fix a problem with your camera being out of focus though, the lenses are fixed focus, if the focus is out it just means it hasn't been set correctly in the factory

jokiin said:
WindsorFox said:
That is the reason I assumed that problem maybe the SD card is too slow, it is a class 4 not a class 10. I think I am going to order a class q0 now since they are cheap and right now I am going to do the SDFormat and see it that changes anything.

nothing wrong with having a faster card, it won't fix a problem with your camera being out of focus though, the lenses are fixed focus, if the focus is out it just means it hasn't been set correctly in the factory

Oh I know it would fix the focus problem, it's the digital block artifacts that I think may be the card. Formatting did not fix that either. It does it moving around or sitting still on my desk recording the mouse pad and base of a lamp. Even if that noise is due to the SD Card that still does not explain the out of focus. I still wonder how it went from blurry to sharp and back when it did, but it just stays blurry now.

Has anyone encountered files being corrupted? Playing the MOV files on VLC, the video works for about 10 sec before the frame freezes but the timer is still ticking as per normal.

Hi,

not yet. When a file is corrupted you can see it at the file size. If a file is much smaller than the rest it is most likely corrupted. These files cant be opened by VLC.
I have had this issue when recording time was 5 minutes. After setting to 1 minute I have lost not a single file.
But I never had a file which starts playing and stop/freeze after a couple of time.
SD card has been formatted? Which one are you using, class 10?

Regards

Hey guys,
had all these issues you described, corrupted video files, video freeze but audio continues and. after changing the loop from 5 min. to 2 min. this issue is solved and i didn't encounter it in the last 3 months.

Thanks! I've only put in the sd card in today so I'll see tonight if the change to 1min fixes it. Thanks for sharing your solution.

Ive had my F70 for about 5 months. Its still working although I cant say the same about the charger. I had to find a new one from china, sadly its hard to find one quite as long as the one that came with the camera.
I must have crimped the wire somewhere when hiding the tremendous length of cable, so be careful if you are trying to hide all that wire. Now the same thing has happened with the rear camera, its not responding despite me not moving any wires for quite some time. If i had the patience to examine 15ft of wire I'd repair the broken section. For now I'll just deal with having a single camera.

I'd really like to see a camera come out with a similar low-profile, just with better build quality and better night recording. Would be worth it to me to upgrade.

Anyone bought i1000 from Shenglizhe Technology?

Hi,

I'm considering to buy i1000 from Shenglizhe Technology.
My question is concerning this manufacturer's quality.
Please find it's box picture.

In addition, can anyone update me who is the manufacturer of the item provided in this link?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/F70-G-Se ... 97152.html

Thanks for your reply!

Attachments

• Shenglizhe Technology.jpg
    Shenglizhe Technology.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 226
Last edited by a moderator:
The one I got was junk. The lens was loose or something and it kept going in and out of focus as I would drive. Finally it got real blurry and stayed that way. I am SO glad I chose one that was shipped from my continent so it was only $8 to send it back. Next one I purchase will be from Amazon or SpyTechs or a similar place. Keep that in mind if you plan to ship one from China, these things have a really high failure rate.

Oh and when you get an SD card, get a class 10.

Well, the box picture should not be a reason for buying or not ;).
Look in e-Bay, there you will find more than one dealers for this type of cam. Most of them are registered in Hongkong or other chinese locations, some of them wrote "shipped from Germany" or "item in Germany". The range is from about 50€ to 100€.
Take care about following issues: some of the cams have a mirrored rear cam (like a cam for reverse parking), you can not flip the picture with the cam, only with a 3rd party software (freeware).
The rear cam picture in general has a very low resolution (VGA only), in low light conditions nearly useless.
The front cam resolution is also not outstanding ;). In low light conditions may be usefull to see how a vehicle/obstacle occurs on scene.
Even in clear, fair light conditions license plates can hardly be read!

So you should consider if it is not better to use a full-hd cam for the front and this cam for the rear.
Also: my cam procudes a lot of radio interference, so if you are driving where radio signal is low, it is very annoying the hear that noises in your car. I switched to DVD/CD in such moments :? .
Some day I will replace this cam with any other that has better resolution, no radio interference and price is somewhere acceceptable.
The rear cam for this cam is currently unused in my car, its still in the box :D .

Beside the issues above the cam is running without problems now for 3 months. I set the recording time to 1min, with higher settings I have had some corrupted files.

Regards

Hi All,

Just got the same cam and just joined the forum. My one seems to be ok but only got it yesterday.

Dual Cam DVR 720P

I seem to be getting a little confused with the emergency lock. I expect that when you press the button it should save that current video somewhere else. Instead, it seems to create a new video, record for 20 seconds and then save that as a slightly different file name. Can anyone provide any info on this?

AW_20130623_153312A
ZW_20130623_153347A

On the memeroy card it shows 2 folders under DCIM. DCIMA and DCIM B. I assume B is for the rear cam.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Kier

Hi,

yes, DCIMA is front cam, DCIMB rearcam.
In each subfolder you should find again two folders: NORMAL and LOCK.
As the names indicate in NORMAL the normal recorded files are stored, in LOCK the files recorded by a shock (G-sensor). I did never check where manual created files are stored :shock: .
The LOCK area is not cleared when deleting files but when formatting the SD-card!

Regards

Thank you for the quick reply.

Unfortunately there are no more sub folders. NORMAL or LOCK folders are non existent. They are all saved in the same place except saved files begin with a Z.

Also, I've been testing the video lock a bit more. The same thing happens with both G-sensor and manual lock. Lets say I'm 2 minutes in to a video and I want to lock this video. If I press and hold the Lock button, it only saves a new file with the last ten seconds of the 2 minute video and about 20 seconds after. A 30 second clip. Is this normal? I was hoping it would just save the whole video.

Thanks

Kier

Back