i1000 / F70 / X6 720P Dual Lens DVR Dash Camera

Hi,

may be same cam case, but different hardware/firmware. There are a lot of such cams, I guess the behavior when locking manual works as designed for that type.
May be someone else has the same type as yours, mine seems to be different.

Regards

My 2 cents about this cam:

F70 purchased on Aliexpress from Shenzhen CG Electronics Co., Ltd. here:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/F70-G-Se ... 97152.html

Come in a box like this http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-Driv ... 24391.html

Firmware F70_20130126

Problem with record freezing every 15-30 seconds, even with 1 min video lenght, solved with Samsung microSDs (8GB class 6 and 16 GB class 10, the ones with orange characters). Before I used a genuine Sony class 4.
On the video lenght menu the "OFF" item selects a 10 minutes lenght instead (and it works flawless with the above card).

Then there were troubles on rear camera recording: strange periodical (every 2 seconds) artifacts on video playback using Media Player Classic - Home Cinema and K-Lite codecs on PC. Perfect playing on my home mediaplayer and TV instead, so test different players.

Battery doesn't last so much. I saw it came from rear camera consumption.
I think (voiding my warranty) of modify it deactivating IR leds and putting in the middle of the cable a special board (DIY) that supplies power to the rear camera right from car wiring by command of the DVR rear camera plug, if I do and it will work then I'll post schematic.

To place the DVR on the right position, with camera lens that views through a well wiped glass area and no visual obstruction for the driver, I had to use the bi-adesive support (sucker is nice and well done, but is too thick on such position, DVR interfere with rearview mirror). After some DVR lock/unlock it loose the grip, so that DVR slid out on tight turns (maybe some insulating tape applied on the "peg" would make the trick to regain the right grip).

Hope it helps.

Question: on menu item "Auto Record" what "Charge Video" mean ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

my firmware is able to deactivate the IR LEDs, so should yours, but maybe this concerns only the IR LEDs in the main unit!? The rear cam deliverd with my cam doesnt have any IR LEDs.
In the meantime I use the main camera as rear cam and a Finevu as front cam.
Yes, I am also curious about the "charge video" setting, I did not find any explanation for that (also I did not check out what happens), may be you only can play the videos when inserting coins :D :lol: :D .

Regards

FSC830 said:
Hi,
my firmware is able to deactivate the IR LEDs, so should yours, but maybe this concerns only the IR LEDs in the main unit!? The rear cam deliverd with my cam doesnt have any IR LEDs.
you are right, even with the rear camera equipped with (unuseful) IR leds, they can't be switched off.
Even if the rear camera cable connector has 4 pins, the cable has 3 wire only (Ground, +5V and video signal. I accidentally stripped out such connector from the cable installing it on my car roof, so I had to solder new connectors, standard stereo 3.5mm jack plug and female socket).
FSC830 said:
Yes, I am also curious about the "charge video" setting, I did not find any explanation for that (also I did not check out what happens), may be you only can play the videos when inserting coins :D :lol: :D .
Maybe :D :lol: :D (Indeed such kind of manuals are very poor)

The "charge video" item is in english even if you change system language, could someone solve this mistery ?
(Maybe it is another pleasant surprise like the hidden 10 min lenght)

amaze1 said:
The "charge video" item is in english even if you change system language, could someone solve this mistery ?
(Maybe it is another pleasant surprise like the hidden 10 min lenght)

quote myself, wow 8-) ...

Here are some explanations I found googling (hope it is not forbidden linking other forums):
http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2012/9/18/ ... rentPage=4

Search "Charge Video" on the page, it is at the middle. I don't have fully read it yet, but it seems interesting

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

thanks, found this site before but did note read all the posts.
Seems that there are several issues with some types of this cam. Referring to this post

[spoil]When charging mine from usb connected to computer charge light illuminates and it charges ok.

The first time I connected it via the in car charger the charge light did not illuminate so, I changed the setting in the Auto Record menu from "On" to "Charge Video" and the charge light now illuminates and the camera switches on and off with the ignition as it should.[/spoil]

the option controls charging the internal battery!?

Another post for this:

[spoil]Here are the results of some testing I've undertaken.

When the 'Auto Record' setting is set as "On" the unit will record indefinitely indefinitely (auto start/stop) but the battery will not be charged while in use. So when the ignition is switched off there's a high chance the camera will simply die as the battery is flat. So you'll loose the recording that was in progress when the camera died.

With the 'Auto Record' set as "Charge Video" the unit will record (auto start/stop) until the battery becomes fully charged, at that point the camera will shutdown regardless whether there's a 12v supply. At this point you have to manually switch the camera on again.

Great camera but this charging issue is annoying![/spoil]

This last behavior does not occur with all cameras, someone denied that his cam is shutting down when battery is full. The same is with my cam, it never shuts down when charge LED wents off.
But I never testet what happens when changing this option.

Regards

I purchased an I1000 Dual Camera Dashcam on Amazon from a vendor named "Mavis's Diary". The unit had problems from day one, tends to get "Hot" during use, poor night vision, records in .MOV format, and cost was around $45 USD. Within about the 2nd or 3rd day, the screen would "Freeze" the controls and never go past the "Welcome" screen. It cannot be reset, only draining the battery power completely will start it working only once, then repeat the process of draining the battery each time.

The Vendor shipped directly from China, and being an Amazon seller was quick to respond when I told them of the problem. They did refund my full purchase cost, including shipping, within one week of contacting them. Since they haven't provided a return shipping label in .pdf format, and think $20 USPS 1st Class mail is too expensive (I agree) to return, I've kept the defective unit.

As far as I can tell, this is supposed to be the quality model that records in .MOV format and came with a remote control. The manual in "Engrish" and elsewhere online, only specifies a "TF Card" up to 32mb (which isn't stated in the manual as to size). I've used only Class 4 Micro-SD 8gb cards thus far. I am about to change to a larger 32gb Class 10 in hopes this will solve the problem. The class 4 SDHC have worked well in all my other cameras, but I suspect this may be the cause of the problem with the screen freezing here, assuming the processor is working properly. This is the only apparent serious problem, the video and audio work okay for the price. The .MOV format isn't compatible with any of my video editing software, but if I can get the Dashcam to work correctly, then I'll deal with the software I may need for editing.

I learned from a serious accident in 2009 that left me partially disabled, when an 87 year old lady turned in front of me on a four lane highway. The only way to force her insurance company (Allstate) to negotiate, was to sue her and provide the video camera footage from a regular video camera I had mounted on the dash. The camera was destroyed in the accident, but the memory card and video survived to tell the truth in court. I don't want to drive a block without the cameras installed in all my vehicles since.

My problem has been, literally 100% of all the dashcams I've purchased, made in both China and Korea, either failed out of the box or within one week without exception. This I1000/F70 model does what I need when it works. Am I on the right track with the Class 10 upgrade? Or should I take out my frustration on the camera with my small 3 lb sledge hammer? :evil:

*****Update**** I re-read through the forum and someone else is having "Freezing" issues also. I'll try the specific cards and speeds he use with the Samsung brands. Hopefully this will solve my problem of "Freezing" on the Welcome screen also. Apparently this model is supposed to record in HD (you can't tell from the videos) and may need a faster class SDHC/TFcard.

HighTechRedneck said:
As far as I can tell, this is supposed to be the quality model that records in .MOV format and came with a remote control. The manual in "Engrish" and elsewhere online, only specifies a "TF Card" up to 32mb (which isn't stated in the manual as to size). I've used only Class 4 Micro-SD 8gb cards thus far. I am about to change to a larger 32gb Class 10 in hopes this will solve the problem. The class 4 SDHC have worked well in all my other cameras, but I suspect this may be the cause of the problem with the screen freezing here, assuming the processor is working properly. My problem has been, literally 100% of all the dashcams I've purchased, made in both China and Korea, either failed out of the box or within one week without exception. This I1000/F70 model does what I need when it works. Am I on the right track with the Class 10 upgrade? Or should I take out my frustration on the camera with my small 3 lb sledge hammer? :evil:

Sadly, there are a lot of copies of this camera out there.
I'm no expert but I can't see how screen freeze can be caused by the SD card. surely there is a'video chip' controlling the screen? It could be all this heat that's causing the problems?
when I bought my F70, I also bought a class 10 card. The first time I went to download some footage (morons 'driving' in the snow) I discovered that THE most important clips were corrupted in some way (audio kept recording but video lost a load of frames!) or files were corrupted. Thinking it might be the new card, I swapped it for the class 4 in my phone - no problems at all - and my phone had no problems with the 32GB class 10. Found a 32GB class 6 going cheap, tried it out & all's been well ever since.

Have you tried running it with either the rear can disconnected or the GPS disconnected?

These seem to be the main problem areas. The one I have is an F70 and apart from the battery not holding much charge.

Also, disable the g-sensor.
seems like the manufacturer has put too many bells and whistles into this cam - more than the processor can handle.
with the g-sensor on low I was getting loads of lock files - so at those times, the cam was writing 4 identical files - a normal and lock file for cam A plus same for cam B.
Not sure my Samsung Galaxy S2 could cope with all that at the same time never mind this cheapo camera!

With mine with the "Screen Freeze" issues (I1000/F70), It still occurs with any Class 4 TF card. I've ordered a 16gb Samsung Class 10 via Amazon, so about a week before delivery and testing. All my SHDC and Micro SD's are class 4 that I have on hand. The "Heat" and "Rear Camera" I did consider. The problem re-occurs both at a cold start and with the rear camera disconnected. If it has a GPS function, there is nothing in the "Engrish" manual from China indicating I have it or how to use this function. My first assumption was thinking it was a Heat related problem from Sunlight, then I realized the unit itself generates high heat and made no difference where it was mounted (which was at the very top behind the sunshield tint on my windshield, which leaves a blue tint on the video and no color with the filtered sunlight. But it also hides the camera from outside view and doesn't affect the quality beyond color.

I'll post results once I swap the Micro-SD card with the class 10, which supposedly is designed for faster or HD video cameras. Amazon seems to have the best prices I've found as of June 2013, even with S&H costs. In either case, since I have several devices that use similar memory cards, if it doesn't work then I haven't wasted money trying the solution.

Hi,

the "default" version of this cam does not have a GPS. There exists a version with GPS, but I guess the main subject in this thread is related to the non-GPS version.
As already stated several times in this thread: there are many versions/clones of this cam and they all have some more or less minor issues.
My version runs very reliable, I am using a class 10 32gb card. At first I used a 16gb class 10 card, but I am mostly driving large distances and I am archiving the videos for a month before they will deleted. So I want miss a single file by overriding when the card is running out of free space.
Currently I am not using the rear cam so that all space is available for the front cam. But due to the poor video quality I am lookong for a replacement.

Regards

HighTechRedneck said:
If it has a GPS function, there is nothing in the "Engrish" manual from China indicating I have it or how to use this function.

You velly rucky man, you get Engrish manuel. I got the chinese manual only. It took me an age just to work out how to change the settings to Engrish.
I turned off the G-sensor (detects the bumps and potholes even on lowest setting!)

FSC830 said:
. But due to the poor video quality I am lookong for a replacement.

Regards

to be fair to the unit, 720p is pretty decent quality for the price you pay & considering it has the extra cam. I think it's a great & cheap intro to dashcam world. In the past, I've had dearer cams with far worse video quality.

Hi,

yes, compared to the price video quality is acceptable, but compared to the full HD cam it is poor :D .

Attached is an English manual which I found when I was buying the cam. It does not covers all options (i.e. the charge video) but should fit the most used ones ;) .

Regards

Attachments

amaze1 said:
On the video lenght menu the "OFF" item selects a 10 minutes lenght instead (and it works flawless with the above card).

I've just found that in such case the DVR really wants record one long video file (well 2, the A for front camera and the B for the rear one), even if actually slicing it in 10 minutes video files, but when card is full it stop !
So I came back to 5 min length

If the rear camera image is inverted
- unstick the camera from the window, rotate it 180 degrees (so the wire that was on the right is now on the left)
- stick the camera back on
- rotate the lens which is now looking forwards - so it now looks out the rear window
... Fixed

peterhr said:
- unstick the camera from the window, rotate it 180 degrees (so the wire that was on the right is now on the left)
- rotate the lens which is now looking forwards - so it now looks out the rear window
... Fixed

Depends which camera it comes with but a lot of these have a switch on the rear cam to invert the image

peterhr said:
... Fixed

I had a 720p delivered a couple of days ago and so far I'm quite impressed with it. Not sure how the above would work and I would like to swap the image left to right, so it matches my interior mirror view. Surely doing the above would swap it left to right, but would also swap it top for bottom - the image would be upside down?

I have it set to high on the G-sensor and despite tapping the camera, it has so far recorded nothing.

The front camera is almost useless in the dark, the rear one is much better, but much also seems to depend on the video player use.

I ordered a 32GB C10 card from another seller and that proved to be a fake, so I made do with a 16GB C4 I had. That has been fine, I only spotted one slight glitch in 1.5 hours of recording, in the middle of a ten minute run. The RT off setting is recording in blocks of 10 minutes, with barely any loss (or maybe even some overlap) between files.

Regarding the mentioned interference on 2M and FM radio - has anyone thought to try adding some ferrite rings on the rear camera and Power leads?

I'm wondering with the mentioned of GPS fed into it, I could feed GPS sentences into it, from a normal receiver?

Mine has an Exposure setting in the menu, has anyone tried adjusting that setting, to improve the night performance of the front camera?

System Info shows Firmware - F20_20130613 (13th June 2013?)

Back