i1000 / F70 / X6 720P Dual Lens DVR Dash Camera

irononreverse said:
20130412175853.jpg

Actually nice mount, i mounted my camera like below.
do you think the double side tape will cause issues mounting it on this dotted black thing on the windshield? what will happen if ill try to remove the mount after a period of time? did someone tried to remove a double side tape from the black dotted thing?

uploadfromtaptalk1361520408961.jpg

thanks,

I remove the holder from the black dot thing .
You can very easy do it with a cutter and Brake-cleaner.

i found a firmware for x6 @ http://depositfiles.com/files/ube70jygb
but i tried to update like that, my camera just goes straight into recording after step 4
my camera been resets its date & time everytime car shuts off

Be aware by flashing firmware someone posted somewhere!
E.g. the filename of the firmware above is EX7高清-无光敏-20130311.img so someone can expect a firmware version 20130311
Inside the firmware there are some hints to be version F20_20120920

Does somebody knows how to dump/backup the installed firmware?

Last edited by a moderator:
fred said:
i found a firmware for x6 @ http://depositfiles.com/files/ube70jygb
but i tried to update like that, my camera just goes straight into recording after step 4

Be aware by flashing firmware someone posted somewhere!
E.g. the filename of the firmware above is EX7高清-无光敏-20130311.img so someone can expect a firmware version 20130311
Inside the firmware there are some hints to be version F20_20120920

Does somebody knows how to dump/backup the installed firmware?

i currently have F20_20120920 and this is from ebay vendor supplying but how do i open the IMG file with computer?

Last edited by a moderator:
i currently have F20_20120920 and this is from ebay vendor supplying but how do i open the IMG file with computer?
Take imgRePacker.exe to unpack and repack.

Maybe in the firmware the time and date are set to be taken from gps ...i remember have seen settings like this.

craft999 said:
somebody. can say. image from the rear camera on the screen recorder must invert or not? While viewing recording on computer, all is ok, but "live" on the screen is not mirror, and it is not possible to use as parking. model F70 rear camera look like this
images

I have got a similar question like this. My camera looks very identical like the the ones posted here, but the display AND the recorded movies of the rear lense are flipped :shock: . So you cant read i.e. the license plates or text.
The flip function of the REC/MIC buttons does appear only to the front cam, no matter which cam is displayed at the screen.
Has anyone an idea if there is an option to flip the picture from the rear cam?
FW version prints "Ver 007 - F20_2012111".

As a workaround I found a freeware which is able to flip the video file so that the .mov shows the real picture, but by design this freeware flips all of the video, so the date and timestamp are now reversed and unreadable ;) .
Anyhow I would not like to flip all files from the rear cam by a third party sw, I expected that the cam is able to record and display the rear cam input correctly.
Currently I am in contact with the dealer, will report whats going on...

Regards

kean said:
Hi, is there any open source media player that can use to play the recorded front and rear video concurrently?

Yes, and no... :D

There is a freeware which is able to do that, but you need to mix both videos by yourself and create a new one. You can choose is the final video if a PiP or side-by-side screen, also you can choose by yourself the e window sizes absolutly free.
It lasts some 30 minutes until you are familiar with that software and it works very well. To convert a 5minute front and rear video to an new output file the software need some 6-7 minutes.
And yes, IMHO the quality is less than the original recorded files.

You will find this freeware here and a brief description here.
Unfortunately I cant remember the link where I found a pictured tutorial (even the quality was very poor), but may be Google will help you ;) .

Regards

Edit: found the link with the tutorial.

FSC830 said:
craft999 said:
somebody. can say. image from the rear camera on the screen recorder must invert or not? While viewing recording on computer, all is ok, but "live" on the screen is not mirror, and it is not possible to use as parking. model F70 rear camera look like this
images

I have got a similar question like this. My camera looks very identical like the the ones posted here, but the display AND the recorded movies of the rear lense are flipped :shock: . So you cant read i.e. the license plates or text.
The flip function of the REC/MIC buttons does appear only to the front cam, no matter which cam is displayed at the screen.
Has anyone an idea if there is an option to flip the picture from the rear cam?
FW version prints "Ver 007 - F20_2012111".

Regards

Hello,

the Problem of inverted flip horizontal Image is the rear Lens.You must buy a other one Lens without inverted Image.
Many Chinese cams have this ****.The Chinese means you can use it as a backward Parking Camera.

I make trouble to the chinese seller , and now he send me a other rear Cam without flip Image.

The Camcorder cannot flip the image.You can ask your dealer

Thanks for your answer. I was afraid of this :(...
I exchanged several mails with the support line (it really a good communciation) and I learned that they do not really understand my problem at first. So I uploaded some videos to show them the problem and they now understand at last whats my pain.
Hope they will exchange the rear cam.

Regards

Update to my problem.
Sorry to say that my dealer cant exchange the rear lense. They offer me a 15,--€ refund which I accepted.
Hoping to find a rear lense which is not inverting. If someone needs an inverting lense and wants to get rid of his non inverting send me a PM ;) .

In the meantime I searched in e-Bay and found some lenses but they all used a power of 12V whereas the DVR only provides 5V.

Anyhow, as already known the rear lense picture is not very well, so I was thinking of mounting the DVR as rearcam and install a HD single cam at the dashboard as 2nd unit. The AV output of this device will be plugged in as "rear cam" into the DVR.
But currently I am not sure which cam I should use as front cam.
First the Blackvue DR400 seem to be a perfect choice, than I read about the poor reliabiltiy, in special the overheating and miss-focussing. So I was thinking about the DR500, then I learned that DR500 does not have an AV output any longer, only WiFi connection is possible :cry: .
Finevu CR500 does not provide live streaming (referring to the manual), whats left...? Itronics ITB-100 (new version)? Price seems to be dropped to an acceptable level in the meantime (if its really the new version), but I didnt found a manual to look up some specs (i.e. if live streaming to an AV device is possible).

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome :D .

Correction: the manual is a little bit unclear. Found first the chapter "Playing Videos" at page 19 which lets you think only previous recorded files can be played when attaching a monitor to AV out.
At page 9 and in some other posts here I now found that the Finevu CR500 is able to provide the live picture to a AV device :) .
So may be this will be my new front cam... ;)

Will the f70 even support the new HD cam you're thinking of plugging in? I think the low res of the rear cam is necessary to maintain 30fps from both cameras.

fred said:

Maybe in the firmware the time and date are set to be taken from gps ...i remember have seen settings like this.

thanks for your help, i got the imgrepacker but the document is in russian and their forum does not say how to use the program

my camera does not support gps i think

irononreverse said:
Will the f70 even support the new HD cam you're thinking of plugging in? I think the low res of the rear cam is necessary to maintain 30fps from both cameras.
Goob hint, thanks.

Intention for such a construct was just to have a linked recording of front and rear cam.

Regards

tranceholic said:
fred said:

thanks for your help, i got the imgrepacker but the document is in russian and their forum does not say how to use the program

-put imgRePacker.exe and the *.img file in the same directory
-open a command window with admin rights
-change to the directory with cd ....
-type: imgrepacker <nameoftheimage>.img

thats all ...the image files will be unpacked in a new directory .img.dump

-type imgrepacker <nameoftheimage>.img.dump to repack the image

my camera does not support gps i think
In the file you linked there is a config file called Melis100.fex.iso with the setting "gps_set_time = 1"
So i think your cam wants to set the time by gps but has no gps hardware

@FSC830

Du kannst auch eine RearCamera für 12 Volt kaufen.
Die Verbindung von Camcorder zur Heckkamera ist ein 3 poliges Kabel ( Camcorderseitig mit 3,5mm Klinkenstecker).

Hier musst du die 5 Volt rausmessen ,unterbrichst die 5 voltleitung nach hinten , und speist einfach 12 Volt Zündungsplus ein .
Hab ich auch schon so gehandelt,da ich unterschiedliche Kameras getestet habe.

Gruß Thomas

ok so i formatted my camera on computer, input the file on camera. plugged into the car, start it up, press reset and it goes straight into recording. how do i update with the repacked image?

dlw_sohle said:
@FSC830

Du kannst auch eine RearCamera für 12 Volt kaufen.
Die Verbindung von Camcorder zur Heckkamera ist ein 3 poliges Kabel ( Camcorderseitig mit 3,5mm Klinkenstecker).

Hier musst du die 5 Volt rausmessen ,unterbrichst die 5 voltleitung nach hinten , und speist einfach 12 Volt Zündungsplus ein .
Hab ich auch schon so gehandelt,da ich unterschiedliche Kameras getestet habe.

Gruß Thomas

Hallo Thomas,

daran habe ich auch schon gedacht, das halte ich mir als letze Option offen. Allerdings fehlt dann in der Aufnahme immer ein Stück der Heckkamera (es sein denn ich puffere das noch irgendwie) :shock: , da die Cam ja noch einige Sekunden weiter aufzeichnet.

Gruss
FSC830

@FSC830

14wg6tx.jpg

Wenige Bauteile für eine Abfallverzögerung.
1 Relais
1 Kondensator
1 Widerstand

Durch Änderung des Kondensators kannst du die Zeit der Abfallverzögerung verändern.
Für diesen Zweck eigentlich völlig ausreichend.

Oder ein 5 Volt Relais besorgen , wäre noch einfacher :)
Gruß Thomas

tranceholic said:
ok so i formatted my camera on computer, input the file on camera. plugged into the car, start it up, press reset and it goes straight into recording. how do i update with the repacked image?

I dont know how to update the cam by placing the image file on the card.
I succeffully updated mine to F20_20130122 with the software LiveSuit.
I had to hold arrow up button and pressing power button. The camera starts in a update mode, and wants some drivers that are in the driver folder of lifesuit.
After succefully installing these drivers you can flash the firmware with lifesuite.
After Flashing is done the cam reboots.
Done.

Its a little bit dificult because the software is not easy to handle.

If You want to retry it your way, try to name the imagefile epos.img

Back