Identify sensor and lens

xosevp

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi,

What kind of sensor is it ?

What is the "red square" in the middle ? Is it a filter ? Too much glue ??

thank you.

what did it come out of

any other marking on the board, pics of the mainboard might help also

that would most likely just be a UV filter in the back of the lens

It's a Sony Exmor IMX322 CMOS sensor.
IR-filter.

What is make / model or dashcam and where have you bought it from ( any link ) ?

It's Matego MG380 ;)

I would have liked some better pictures to be able to call it

I can see the SD card slot and power On/OFF/PAUSE button which is exactly what Matego uses in their PCB for that model.

320 was the original version, have you had this a while?

more likely to be IMX122 if it is the older version

would be much easier to just give all the details instead of playing guessing games ;)

actually there's an OV sensor version as well, not familiar with the board for that one though as it's not a version I ever looked at

Until we play guessing game, I can see it still uses same 3xx- series chassis / shell .

Matego MG380G.jpg

full set of photos would be more useful, as you know there are other clues to the exact model based on other parts of the camera that would not seem to be related to the sensor but do help to ID the version or age of the product

320 was the original version, have you had this a while?

more likely to be IMX122 if it is the older version

I thin you are right. It's most likely IMX122,but answer could be found not only from PCB but also from what is printed on the outer lens surrounding. But I do think its imx122.

OV vs Sony Matego 3xx.jpg

Eyoyo MG380G:
I'm not sure if the internal components are similar to Matego MG380G.
Image quality is noisy. So I am looking for a culprit.

thanks.

Eyoyo MG380G:
I'm not sure if the internal components are similar to Matego MG380G.
Image quality is noisy. So I am looking for a culprit.

thanks.

It said few times in the listing imx322

mg380 eyoyo.jpg

It said few times in the listing imx322

That's what the advertising of the item says. But the quality of the videos say otherwise.

So I opened it, and I am contrasting real images of the item with experts.

thanks

Yeah, Sony for sure. It's imx122/322.
There are no difference between imx122 or imx322, phisical appearance is the same.
Below is comparison of CMOS sensors I pulled out from few of my dashcams: Left imx322, right imx122

imx322and122.jpg

That's what the advertising of the item says. But the quality of the videos say otherwise.

So I opened it, and I am contrasting real images of the item with experts.

thanks

Having good CMOS is only small part of video being good. Very important is to have high quality lens, fine tuned firmware etc. I have seen dashcams with Sony sensor using cheap few $ lens, hence was bad result. Quality lens cost a lot. Premium lens some time cost almost the price you paid for whole dashcam.

Back