Imitation Mini 0806 ?

I understand the market in Germany can be a bit ruthless but I think outright lies is very poor form, will that impact the seller responsible when people find out, maybe

Thats all well and good, IF the supplier you purchased it from actually contacts you back when you have a warranty issue.

how it gets handled is going to be up to the reseller, speaking on behalf of who knows who is a bit optimistic to say the least

Quite bizarre but we might as well mention the unscrupulous vendor as http://www.minidashcam.com/ / MiniDashCam as SEO will pick it up pretty quickly and point here to show that they are just outright lying.

Especially when I've got both the 0805 and 0806 here and the 0806 is the better of the two especially at night :)

Last edited:
how it gets handled is going to be up to the reseller, speaking on behalf of who knows who is a bit optimistic to say the least

Agreed. So many people/companies now days put so much emphasis on price and none on customer service, when in reality it is the customer service that gets them more business.

An unhappy customer usually tells at least 5-10 of their friends about their experience and with social media that is now expodentially multipied by how many people are told.

Retailers/suppliers/manufacturers can say all they like about how good their product is, but in the end it all comes down to what they do when something goes wrong.

agree. the terrible after service will destory a brand which they spend big price to build.

Quite bizarre but we might as well mention the unscrupulous vendor as http://www.mini*****am.com/ / Mi*****shCam as SEO will pick it up pretty quickly and point here to show that they are just outright lying.

I am trying to protect the vendor from censure but you exposured it, bro.

By the way, I got a complain that one user upgraded his mini 0805 with the firmware I released on DCT, then the camera bricked. Finally he got Tobias' help with a OTG cable and mini 0803 elf firmware. That is a mini 0803 on his hand. I am not sure why they do this maybe they are trying to empty their storage. But is not a sagacious behavior in my point.

By the way, I got a complain that one user upgraded his mini 0805 with the firmware I released on DCT, then the camera bricked. Finally he got Tobias' help with a OTG cable and mini 0803 elf firmware. That is a mini 0803 on his hand. I am not sure why they do this maybe they are trying to empty their storage. But is not a sagacious behavior in my point.
Was not the first user that mixed up 0803/0805 or got a model that he did not order.
The problem is that they look identical and the average user is unable to spot the difference.

I already added a big red notification above my 0803 firmware collection :D
http://dc.p-mc.eu/0803/firmware

Reactions: Mtz
The problem is that they look identical and the average user is unable to spot the difference.
There should be something to tell the difference on the casing. I have to keep a piece of tape on mine so I don't get them mixed up

There should be something to tell the difference on the casing. I have to keep a piece of tape on mine so I don't get them mixed up
Most people like the casing to be all black with no labelling.

The answer is to display the model name with the firmware version information when you select "VERSION" in the menu. Most people seem to check the version first but it currently doesn't answer their question.

I suspect a lot more people will brick their cameras before this is sorted...

I suspect a lot more people will brick their cameras before this is sorted...

I suspect you're correct

Would be helpful if the sellers that are listing 0803's and shipping 0805's knew what they were doing and updated their listings

The answer is to display the model name with the firmware version information when you select "VERSION" in the menu. Most people seem to check the version first but it currently doesn't answer their question.
Maybe have it as a Boot Screen

Maybe have it as a Boot Screen
People can miss that because it is not important information at the time they first see it.

Almost everyone who updates the firmware will check which version is currently installed before updating it, that is the place to display the model name.

Only read the first few comments in detail and looked at their website but as a business owner myself the company are totally out of order writing that and even more so to have it live on their site still despite it being incorrect!

If I was MEG I would be doing something as that misinformation picked up over the net could lead to loss of sales to people through suppliers in other countries!

(If the site is good with seo techniques they could pop up in time high up for anyone searching for the mini 0806 on google etc, joe public may take the cautious attitude and not order????!!!!)

That sounds familiar indeed Reminiscent of....

Back