Incorrect date causing 'regularly format memory card for data integrity' error

If you open the 'format time' bin file with Notepad you will see it's just a year, month & date as mentioned if you change the year to years in the future and then save that file it may stop it.

Do you think you have a faulty RTC battery or do you just want to stop the 3 week warning?
Yep, done that - thank you. I want to stop the warning, as otherwise I'll be attacking the speaker in the unit with my screwsdriver :)

Battery changed few weeks ago, no problems with the camera since that. I had the new battery from eBay (actually I bought 2 of them), both's voltage was 2,8x V instead of 3 V, but that's still by 2,8x V more than the old one had. :) I hope the dashcam will work without any issues at least for 2 years.

New Seiko Battery.jpg

I did the battery replacement & all was good for serveral months already. Thanks to all contributers of this thread! But I do suggest if you are not a technical person, don't do it or risk changing a new camera! Beside disassemble the camera for the second card underneath, you need to have a good soldering skill as the terminal are so close, probably 2mm apart! When postive meets negative! Bomb! :):)

Attachments

• IMG-20210519-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20210519-WA0018.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG-20210519-WA0019.jpg
    IMG-20210519-WA0019.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Cicuit Board Battery Contacts Broken Off.jpg
    Cicuit Board Battery Contacts Broken Off.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 28
View attachment 57390

I did the battery replacement & all was good for serveral months already. Thanks to all contributers of this thread! But I do suggest if you are not a technical person, don't do it or risk changing a new camera! Beside disassemble the camera for the second card underneath, you need to have a good soldering skill as the terminal are so close, probably 2mm apart! When postive meets negative! Bomb! :):)

Is the battery on the lower circuit board, is the upper circuit board just sitting in the dashcam housing or are there some soldered connections to remove the upper circuit board ?

Thanks

the circuit board is fixed with some screws
afterwards you just pull it out of the 2nd board
Also to note there are board to board connection like the CPU to the motherboard, be sure its connected properly or the board may fails.

Yep, done that - thank you. I want to stop the warning, as otherwise I'll be attacking the speaker in the unit with my screwsdriver :)

I got tried of hearing the message so I opened the camera and cut the speaker wire !!

I had my dashcam (750/770) constantly requesting to format the sd card when first started. Initially, I thought the internal battery was dying but I took a look at the recordings and they all contained the correct dates and time. So the complaining from the dash cam was about the SD card. I removed the SD card and inserted it into a PC which was able to read it. I did a complete format of the card (NOT a quick format) and loaded the dashcam firmware and powered it up. No complaints after one restart so far, I'll see how it goes.

I did open up the dashcam and tested the internal battery on a multimeter, which showed 2.83 volts. So it's OK.

I had my dashcam (750/770) constantly requesting to format the sd card when first started. Initially, I thought the internal battery was dying but I took a look at the recordings and they all contained the correct dates and time. So the complaining from the dash cam was about the SD card. I removed the SD card and inserted it into a PC which was able to read it. I did a complete format of the card (NOT a quick format) and loaded the dashcam firmware and powered it up. No complaints after one restart so far, I'll see how it goes.

I did open up the dashcam and tested the internal battery on a multimeter, which showed 2.83 volts. So it's OK.
Yes the internal battery sounds fine still. It should ask you to format the card again in 3 weeks time. Formatting the Card in the camera will then reset that timer for another 3 weeks. As this was 'Pre Format Free' Model it's how it extends the life of the card as best as it can.

As I similarly share in everyone's frustration over this RTC Battery issue & equally disappointed in the Customer Service/Help Desk joke departments of both ThinkWare & BlackBox; I wanted to express to all of you in this thread that you made my Gratitude List and I am re-inspired each time I read the advice, helpful tips, and support offered-up on a Forum. between strangers with nothing to be gained in return... Pure Kindness, the Ultimate in what is Humanity ;-]

For any future help it could offer others, I came across this...

Back