Incorrect date causing 'regularly format memory card for data integrity' error

Country
United States
Thanks for the info. I have the same issue with my F770 and have ordered the battery.

qmantran

Country
United States
I had this problem happen to my F750. I opened it up and found the battery. Ordered a new battery and attempted to solder it myself. I only have a butane soldering gun and was able to desolder the old battery. When I attempted to solder in the new battery to the circuit board, I had trouble due to the tight tolerance between the two terminals. The solder actually melted on both of the battery terminals. I gave up and decided to just buy a new camera. How on earth do you guys solder the battery onto the circuit board with success? Seems pretty difficult without the proper soldering gun.

OP
OP
S

SirCozak

Country
United Kingdom
With a steady hand. I actually just melted the existing solder and left it in place, once the old battery was removed I just soldered the new one back onto the original solder.

Needs a fine nib on the soldering iron though, but buying a decent soldering iron is still a lot cheaper than a new camera.

egonvdv

Country
France
Dash Cam
Thinkware F750 2CH + F770 2CH (rear cams used as side cams)
some sweating and a lot of swearing was involved, but it's done.

it was difficult to use the existing solder to "glue" the new battery in place, so i had to use a bit of new solder.

was afraid i would solder the plus & minus together, but that didn't happen (sheer luck though !)

the soldering looks very amateurish, but the camera & gps are working again as intended.

Still, it was a BIG gamble as i usually f*ck these things up.

would not really recommend it to anyone who's not handy...

thanks for all the input!