Information please

• Thread starter Deleted member 24437
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 24437

Forum members, I received my Git 2 this morning here in Maryland from a Chinese EBay seller after only a week, RAH!
However gitup's website instructions to upgrade to fw 1.4 are clear as mud! The procedure says to ignore # s 3 thru 6, but how does the data get to my cam without a website link?

Not sure why you don't find it easy to follow, but we can try to help...

Have you downloaded the file for fw 1.4? If so and you currently have fw 1.3 then just put the .bin file on the memory card and turn the camera on. Preferably turn it on by plugging it in so that it is impossible for the battery to go flat half way through the update.

Does that help?

Not sure why you don't find it easy to follow, but we can try to help...

Have you downloaded the file for fw 1.4? If so and you currently have fw 1.3 then just put the .bin file on the memory card and turn the camera on. Preferably turn it on by plugging it in so that it is impossible for the battery to go flat half way through the update.

Does that help?
Right the cam arrived with 1.3 Don't I have to link with a website to download the new fw to my card?

http://www.gitup.com/content/8-how-to-upgrade-the-firmware-for-gitup-git2

Hope you know how to open a zip file...

(Zip file is on this link which I have copied from that page: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/GIT2FW_20160324.zip)
Gitup's fw page:
Use max 32 gig card....formatted fat 32...
Insert card in camera connect to CPU with USB
Copy the GITFW.bin fileon the root of the card
Reconnect the cam.to your CPU and wait more seconds until you can chose mass storage from camera menu , the front green LED and back Ted LED will be blinking while upgrading!
Something's missing!
I want to place the micro SD in its adapter and into the CPU and copy the file .Their instruction is Greek!

I want to place the micro SD in its adapter and into the CPU and copy the file .Their instruction is Greek!
You can do that, but then you have to put it back in the camera before turning the camera on...

Your explanation of what you are having difficulty with is not any easier to understand than the instructions, and both are written in something other than standard English English :D

Gitup's fw page:
Use max 32 gig card....formatted fat 32...
Insert card in camera connect to CPU with USB
Copy the GITFW.bin fileon the root of the card
Reconnect the cam.to your CPU and wait more seconds until you can chose mass storage from camera menu , the front green LED and back Ted LED will be blinking while upgrading!
Something's missing!

I was finally successful, the menu firmware version shows as 1.4, no help from Gitup's instructions!
I had to copy and paste the file leaving behind the old loader file and the read me file.
I watched the red and green lights blink fast and slow- it will be tomorrow before I can verify menu upgrades
There was no mass storage event, and I didn't connect or reconnect the USB cable!!!

You can do that, but then you have to put it back in the camera before turning the camera on...

Your explanation of what you are having difficulty with is not any easier to understand than the instructions, and both are written in something other than standard English English :D
Nigel, please see my previous post.
As Jokiin says: Chinglish!

It is damm frustrating to communicate with the dear Chinese, some times i swear they use really bad english to make you give up.

I allways do my best to write to them in short and clear texts, but then the reply you get is often ??? WTF

And dont get me started on manuals :rolleyes: some times i am looking after my decoder ring i got in a serial box when i was a kid :D
I praise myself lucky i am the kind of person that only read the manual if everything else fail :)

It is damm frustrating to communicate with the dear Chinese, some times i swear they use really bad english to make you give up.

I allways do my best to write to them in short and clear texts, but then the reply you get is often ??? WTF

And dont get me started on manuals :rolleyes: some times i am looking after my decoder ring i got in a serial box when i was a kid :D
I praise myself lucky i am the kind of person that only read the manual if everything else fail :)
I've used Windows ?(YoiTube?) translation program a few times for certain of the videos when I could not quite understand the eastern European making the action cam videos. It changed the word often to something else that was out in left field. It seems they could do better. The writer for Gitup generally does well, the website is a bird ofa different feather!

An unknown airplane mechanic once said,"when all else fails..read the manual"
Mike

I thought the instruction was decent. I read it two or three time before I attempted to upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4. It was not written by a professional writer (cost more money). In order for Gitup to keep cost down to compete with major brand, they must use Chinglish. I think it's comendable on Gitup for posting FW here to help the DCT community. Would you rather search their web site and attempt the FW upgrade through there? Instead, I would like to thanks Gitup for lurking DCT to assist us noob/nerd/toys junkies with our hobby. Thanks Gitup, keep up the good work!

I thought the instruction was decent. I read it two or three time before I attempted to upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4. It was not written by a professional writer (cost more money). In order for Gitup to keep cost down to compete with major brand, they must use Chinglish. I think it's comendable on Gitup for posting FW here to help the DCT community. Would you rather search their web site and attempt the FW upgrade through there? Instead, I would like to thanks Gitup for lurking DCT to assist us noob/nerd/toys junkies with our hobby. Thanks Gitup, keep up the good work!
The update page instruction said to skip #'s 3 thru 6, #7 tells you to copy the loader on the card root, #8,reconnect to your CPU. There is not a literal, American English flow in this series!
You knew that 1.4 has instructions to delete 1.3, therefore all Gitup needs to say is copy the 1.4 to the root of your card, place it into your cam,then turn it on and wait for the flashing lights to turn off.
They have over-complicated a simple task!
Another airplane mecanic once said " i cant find the proper screws for this ****pit window, so i just use somthing else instead"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Airways_Flight_5390
The FAA and it's European counterpart would seriously frown on that practice K. And also those who fly!And I am a retired A&P mechanic, so I know!
Mike
P.S. We call it the flight deck!

There is not a literal, American English flow in this series!
Why should it be in American English? What is wrong with it using Chinese English, Romanian English, or even English English?

Even in England there are many regional dialects, none of them any more correct than any other.

You knew that 1.4 has instructions to delete 1.3, therefore all Gitup needs to say is copy the 1.4 to the root of your card, place it into your cam,then turn it on and wait for the flashing lights to turn off.
They have over-complicated a simple task!
I think your suggestion would result in a lot of support issues! It needs to be useable even by people who don't know what a "root" is, and when you say "copy the 1.4 to the root", surely that is not valid American English? "place it into your cam," - a cam is a mechanical device used to convert rotary motion into linear motion. "wait for the flashing lights to turn off." - could be waiting a long time, better to wait for them to stop flashing!

Even in England there are many regional dialects, none of them any more correct than any other....
Not just England. Here in the states as well. If you were to listen to someone from Boston and someone from the bayou area of Louisiana both saying the exact same thing you'd be certain they were speaking different languages. :D

Why should it be in American English? What is wrong with it using Chinese English, Romanian English, or even English English?

Even in England there are many regional dialects, none of them any more correct than any other.

I think your suggestion would result in a lot of support issues! It needs to be useable even by people who don't know what a "root" is, and when you say "copy the 1.4 to the root", surely that is not valid American English? "place it into your cam," - a cam is a mechanical device used to convert rotary motion into linear motion. "wait for the flashing lights to turn off." - could be waiting a long time, better to wait for them to stop flashing!
Aren't we touchy! My point is the instructions are not nearly as clear and simple as your instructions to me a few days ago!

Not just England. Here in the states as well. If you were to listen to someone from Boston and someone from the bayou area of Louisiana both saying the exact same thing you'd be certain they were speaking different languages. :D
Have you read the update instructions on the Gitup site for 1.4? They can't be followed literally! And dialect is phonetic not written!

Back